Foyt announcement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foyt announcement?

Well? I thought Foyt was supposed to make an announcement today (Sat)?

Foyt does what he wants to do, not what he is supposed to do. Maybe he doesn't have all his ducks in a row yet, or Sally's check hasn't cleared the bank yet. For weeks, up until the day before Salazar's announcement, there was speculation and outright statements that he wouldn't be in a Foyt car this year. Foyt also said that he was looking for additional sponsorship. Now we learn that Salazar has come up with his own sponsorship. I think it is safe to assume that Foyt upped the ante to Salazar, more then it cost him in the past, even CF posted that he thought that Salazar may be with another team. CF, this is not a slam against your guy, I am just thinking with the keyboard, Two weeks ago even you weren't sure where he was going or what engine he would use!

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: Mackie ]

Comment

Rev-ed (and several others I think) had said that Foyt was scheduled to announce his drivers today. Obviously, who will be in the 14 is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mario:
        <STRONG>Rev-ed (and several others I think) had said that Foyt was scheduled to announce his drivers today. Obviously, who will be in the 14 is the issue.</STRONG>
        Today isn't over, like most of us I hope it is DB, and think it will be, Al looks to be the other option.

Comment

I REALLY hope it's Al !

Comment

Hi guys,
            Lil' Al would look great in A.J.'s 84!
            Donnie B. in the 14...PLEASEEEEE

Comment

rev-ed said it would not be jr.

Comment

rev-ed also said that the Foyt announcement would be today (sat).

Comment

Al jr to Kelly for an Indy only.

This from a recently released Galles crewman.
                  "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird:
                    <STRONG>Al jr to Kelly for an Indy only.

This from a recently released Galles crewman.</STRONG>
                    Hmmm, maybe Jr.'s own version of '87 in the making maybe?
                    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Al is way to young to become an "Indy only" driver in my view. If he is really carrying associate sponsorship with Bud around in his pocket as claimed in another thread, he can surely get a full-time ride.

Did the released Galles crewman give any indication that Galles is still looking and that the team might be puled back together?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X