IPS engines from the EZ-Blow Engine Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPS engines from the EZ-Blow Engine Company

After the first couple of races, I voiced concerns about the high rate of engine failure for the IPS cars, and was flamed for it. TSO reported this yesterday:

<STRONG>Talked to a couple IPS owners, and they have serious concerns about the Infiniti engines that TWR is supplying. Apparently, engines are lasting anywhere near their designed life span. Some teams have blown more engines than races they've competed in, while numerous others have had engine problems cost them very valuable track time.
    </STRONG>
    Now, TSO has just reported that Matt Beardsley popped one 32 laps into today's race.

$40,000, 430HP overpriced peashooters shouldn't blow like this. I said all along that the Chevy LS1 would have been a much better choice - more HP, much less cash, same dimensions and weight, proven reliability in the ASA. The word is that they cut this deal to keep Infiniti in the IRL - which hasn't happened.
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Maybe they should be paying more for them?
    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky161:
      <STRONG>Maybe they should be paying more for them? </STRONG>

Unfortunately, I don't think Step33's IPS budget counts chucking a couple of engines per week...
      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

According to TSO, Foyt IV and Witherill also retired from today's race with engine problems.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X