X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Great Quote From Eddie

On Indy Racing 2Day:

"Whoever designed this track must not have liked race car drivers."

You can always depend on Eddie to make you chuckle.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: InertZero ]

CART left that track because its not suitable for open wheel cars. TG was too eager to pick it up.
    This space for rent.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sparco:
      [QB]CART left that track because its not suitable for open wheel cars."

watch what a barnburner they put on week after week after week. today won't be any different. Maybe the track isn't suitable for CART, but the IRL absolutely rocks every place they go to.

Who cares if Eddie doesn't like it? He will still mash the throttle and go for it. And so will the 23 other guys.
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Speaking of Indy Racing 2Day. We sall Railbird walk behind Hornish while he was being interviewed.

Comment

Another good Eddie quote: "[Tomas Scheckter's departure] hasn’t impacted us at all. We are continuing to run two cars as we have all season."
          If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

"impacted..." interesting choice of words...
            "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Sparco:
              <STRONG>CART left that track because its not suitable for open wheel cars. TG was too eager to pick it up.</STRONG>
              BUZZ! Thank you for playing! That track was designed for open wheel cars. CART left because their attendance declined precipitously and the track management decided they would give the IRL a shot.

But I must commend your beautiful effort at spin and distortion. CART should definitely put you to work in their PR department.
              Quit whining. Enjoy the racing.

Comment

yeah really . nascar just loves tracks with turns of differing radii.

they race at them all the time

darlington comes to mind. the track too tough to tame. the only one like it on their schedule.

seems to me motegi is similar to gateway. just a little bigger.

you want a track designed for nascar that has boring open wheel events?
                the 'redesigned' homestead.

st. louis is a drivers track. is eddie not a driver anymore?
                It's a brand new day.

Comment

There was some great OW racing there
                  today.
                  "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
                  With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

Hey, Sparkie, did you enjoy the Gateway Extravaganza today?
                    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by tom91:
                      <STRONG>

BUZZ! Thank you for playing! That track was designed for open wheel cars. CART left because their attendance declined precipitously </STRONG>
                      The IRL sure turned that around. Crappy track and a low turnout. CART's judgement isn't all bad
                      Sifaka

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofan:
                        <STRONG>yeah really . nascar just loves tracks with turns of differing radii.

they race at them all the time

darlington comes to mind. the track too tough to tame. the only one like it on their schedule.

seems to me motegi is similar to gateway. just a little bigger.

you want a track designed for nascar that has boring open wheel events?
                        the 'redesigned' homestead.

st. louis is a drivers track. is eddie not a driver anymore?</STRONG>
                        I watched the lure go by and didn't bite...but on second thought, I could take the bait and then just break the line once hooked...

Nascar races at Phoenix, Pocono, Richmond don't they...

Eddie is still a great driver. You just aren't a good observer.

Dizz Fan
                        "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin:

watch what a barnburner they put on week after week after week. today won't be any different. Maybe the track isn't suitable for CART, but the IRL absolutely rocks every place they go to.

Who cares if Eddie doesn't like it? He will still mash the throttle and go for it. And so will the 23 other guys.[/QB]
                          AH GAWD! I LOVE it when I'm right!
                          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by

Doc Austin:
                            <STRONG>
                            Originally posted by Sparco:
                            [QB]CART left that track because its not suitable for open wheel cars."

Watch what a barnburner they put on week after week after week.

Today won't be any different. Maybe the track isn't suitable for CART, but the IRL absolutely rocks every place they go to.

Who cares if Eddie doesn't like it? He will still mash the throttle and go for it. And so will the 23 other guys.

</STRONG>
                            You know what's coming,,,yes yes Bingo,,, you win another Bingo Award...

It was a great show today... Spagetti Sauce,,, was on the gas,,, no slow "simmer" there today,,, high burner... Too bad he "Over Cooked It,,, into turn 3,,, but he was "on the gas",,, to that point... Still finished what,,,8th ????

BINGO Doc,,, you win...

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: BigWheelHawaii ]
                            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Originally posted by

starrcam:
                              <STRONG>

Speaking of Indy Racing 2Day. We sall Railbird walk behind Hornish while he was being interviewed.

</STRONG>
                              Aloha Starr,,,

Was that Rail,,, the dark haired Kid,,, grinning like the cat that ate the canary in the back groud ???
                              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X