• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knapp joins Kelley Racing

Press release

So much for rumors...

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: rrrr ]

I wonder what took so long to get this done. . .

BTW - Kelley's site has a link to SpeedNet & not to TrackForum??????????
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

I think the odds for greg winning the opening race just went up. Thomas is a great engineer and an even better person. He pays attention to the little things that bring wins. Go Kelly!
      Round and round we go, where it stops......

Comment

Knapp and Ray together for the first time with money and WITHOUT Menard.

Looks to be a great season for Greg

Comment

Greg Ray is now a threat to win at any track. Brilliant move by Kelley!
          "I'm going to push the gas and try to beat you," Ray said. "That's what I do. If you pull up beside me and rev up your engine, I'm going to race you, even if I'm sitting on a tractor."

Comment

I don't think Greg or his fans could ask for any better news. What those two did without money was awesome and chances are the chemistry will be better at Kelly than it was at Menard.
            Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Knapps words in Rays ears seems to calm him down a whole bunch. Just might be the real deal now.
              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I agree with everyone. Greg Ray is now a title contender for 2002. Maybe Knapp can bend Scott Sharps ear once in a while too.

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: grogg ]

Comment

I'd love to see a championship battle between Hornish, Ray, Beechler, HCN, and de Ferran. 2002 is going to be a truly great year for the IRL.
                  "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed:
                    <STRONG>I wonder what took so long to get this done. . .</STRONG>
                    Might Knapp have been contractually tied to Shiggy (kind of like a prisoner shackled to a lead ball), and the contract just expired?
                    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan:
                      <STRONG>I'd love to see a championship battle between Hornish, Ray, Beechler, HCN, and de Ferran. 2002 is going to be a truly great year for the IRL.</STRONG>
                      I think you need to throw Buhl and Sharp in there too and Barb may have words for you if you do not add Cheever

Comment

"I'd love to see a championship battle between Hornish, Ray, Beechler, HCN, and de Ferran."

"I think you need to throw Buhl and Sharp in there too and Barb may have words for you if you do not add Cheever"

Of course, you have to toss the Laziers in the mix since one is an Indianapolis 500 and IRL champion and the other is just settling-in with an IRL champion team...

And don't, for a second, forget about the Boat/Soppe/Speedway Engines combination - they could just very well be the sleepers of the year both in the 500 and the IRL championship...

Knapp to Kelley is nothing but good news for Ray...hopefully, Knapp will spread his talent to reach the entire team...

Comment

Ray is set now. This is good to hear. Ray will be up front all season. Now he just needs to put a little memo on his dash that says; "Patience."
                          Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed:
                            <STRONG>...BTW - Kelley's site has a link to SpeedNet & not to TrackForum?????????? </STRONG>
                            I asked them to at least "add" Track Forum to their links.... We'll see what happens.
                            I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . - Antoine de St-Exupéry

Comment

Heck, I was hoping Kelley had hired STEVE Knapp...
                              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X