• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheckter says he will return to race in the IRL...interesting read

http://www.indystar.com/article.php?irlnotes25.html
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

"But all I was born to do is race and I want to race in the IRL."

Do you believe him or not? Tomas made the same statement in Texas while signing my hat.

I was quick to judge Tomas after Friday, but after I stopped and thought about it I'm kind of waiting to get his side. Besides, Eddie is no angel and he could have brought this one by himself.

Also, I think this is good for the IRL. This is going to make for big news as it play's out. If Tomas does indeed stay it would just add another rivalary to the league.
    Team KELLEY ROCKS! Get well soon Jason! Three in top ten at KY. Way to go Scott, Al, and Tony!

Comment

Originally posted by Roni:
      <STRONG>"I was quick to judge Tomas after Friday, but after I stopped and thought about it I'm kind of waiting to get his side. Besides, Eddie is no angel and he could have brought this one by himself.</STRONG>
      Eddie Cheever has been important, IMHO, to the success of the IRL. I really appreciate him. I sometimes wonder if Eddie's antics aren't designed to draw attention to the league. I am reminded of the moveie, A League of Their Own, when Gina Davis does the splits for publicity's sake.

Racing needs more Spoiled Eddies and Bratty Toms.

Aaron

"There's no crying in racing."

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AJ 1967:
        "Racing needs more Spoiled Eddies and Bratty Toms."

It was either RPM or speednews, but the show's anchor called referred to the series as "The soap opera that is the IRL."

and I think it is apt. there are so many stories in the IRL, from Eddie and Tomas to Al's problems, Sarah's return to the front, Tony and buddy getting a fair shot, billy boat as little guy winning the pole, and on and on and on. the characters in the IRL are just riveting to watch.

Of course, the high speed action is pretty breathtaking too.

If you compare that to other series' uninspiring cast of boring clones, the IRL has alot more personal appeal. I care about the people. If all I cared about was cars, I'de just change my oil every Sunday.
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Doc Austin:
          <STRONG>
          If you compare that to other series' uninspiring cast of boring clones, the IRL has alot more personal appeal. I care about the people. If all I cared about was cars, I'de just change my oil every Sunday.</STRONG>
          Well, they do have that guy that jogs naked when he wins!
          "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan:
            <STRONG>Well, they do have that guy that jogs naked when he wins! </STRONG>
            Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Babba Bing! You got me! Yeah, I like Carp. He was a real sport to go along with it. and tough, too, to go barefoot on that black pavement in 90 degree weather. OUCH!

But if this is what CART has to do to get people intersted, what the heck is wrong with their product? Maybe they could try mandatory lead changes or something.
            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X