Eddie Cheevers take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Cheevers take

from the AP. I apoligize in advance if this is old news.

IRL rookie Tomas Scheckter will not race today after missing a technical briefing Friday, and his position on the Red Bull Cheever Racing team is in limbo. Team owner Eddie Cheever Jr. replaced Scheckter with rookie Buddy Rice.

Cheever said Scheckter has been unreliable and intimated being the son of former Formula One champion Jody Scheckter might have something to do with it.

“He has a habit of missing technical debriefings and not being there on time unless he is led by the hand,” Cheever said. “Maybe the fact he doesn't have to work for a living might give him a different perspective.”
    Wow.

Cheever is better off without him !
    "It's not the split, it's not the lack of marketing, it's not the days the races run on, it's the product." Tommy Kendall

"....and the DRIVERS are the product !" SJFast

Comment

You tell 'em Eddie!
      "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
      With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

"“He has a habit of missing technical debriefings and not being there on time unless he is led by the hand,” Cheever said. “Maybe the fact he doesn't have to work for a living might give him a different perspective.”

The reason short trackers can't get a decent ride in the IRL is that they have a bad attitude.
        Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Different for nephews, eh, Eddie?
          "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Originally posted by ensign14:
            <STRONG>Different for nephews, eh, Eddie? </STRONG>
            Nephew? Where'd that come from ensign?

But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by jetdoc:
              <STRONG>

Nephew? Where'd that come from ensign?

</STRONG>

It may be an urban myth, but British F3 mid-gridder Richard Antinucci is said to be Eddie's nephew. He's got a decent ride but is not really impressing. There is also a stong rumour that Red Bull's 'Get An American In F1' is closely geared to Antinucci in some way.
              "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

I love eddie cheever. I can't remember a time when he didn't have something interesting to say.

It is going to get real ugly if tomas comes back and those two go wheel to wheel. I think it's time for them both to sit down and have a conversation with Brian Barnhart. With Barnhart doing all the talking, of course.
                "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin:
                  <STRONG>It is going to get real ugly if tomas comes back and those two go wheel to wheel.</STRONG>

But surely Eddie would have to move over to let Tomas lap him?

Comment

Not in THAT corner- that's where the upper groove was "going away", turning gray, getting impossible. There were a couple of incidents there earlier. Gil De Ferran mentions it in the post-race interviews. Smart move would have been in a safer location.

Comment

Key words "smart move", but remember who we are talking about.

Is it talent to put your foot on the floor and leave it there? Or is it talent to take your car through the entire race and win/finish up front, without crashing?

Comment

Eddie has Tomas under contract for another year. Tomas has already cost Eddie a bunch of money. Millions according to Eddie. Under those circumstances I think those two should be locked into a room together somewhere and kept there until they kiss and make up. It makes more sense since Tomas can't drive anywhere else anyway and Eddie already has a substantial investment in him anyway. Personally I thought they should have done that after Michigan anyway. Unfortunately, Eddie chose that time to go on a vacation and didn't seize the moment with Tomas as he probably should have.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisg:
                          Unfortunately, Eddie chose that time to go on a vacation and didn't seize the moment with Tomas as he probably should have.[/QB]
                          didn't eddie go on vacation because his dad was sick? Seems a little more important to me. tomas has got a dad and would probably understand.
                          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I'd keep the contract in force to the end, and not provide a car for Sheckter to drive, effectively sidelining him. I'd sue for losses this weekend for his refusal to race on safety grounds, which are patently baseless, but likely in Tomas' contract language. :mad: (Force Sheckter to prove the safety concern out of his own pockets in court.)

Eddie Cheever racing saves a bunch of cars taking that route.
                            "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." (Theodore Roosevelt 1918)

Comment

Good to see Eddie taking the high road.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X