this is an interesting place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is an interesting place

you know I think there is more cart talk here than on any cart site. while the other place has much sarcasm about the irl,, there is an anger here in some that feels as if it only uses racing to express itself,, and the racing is secondary to some obsessive get-even-ism towards anything or anyone who enjoys cart.. I hope the irl has a very good show today and I completely sure they will, I am sincere in that hope,, how many here can say the same thing about montreal? good luck in your day ,,,, peace in racing for all ....paper
    I love the sport more than I hate the past,

Paper, surely you are not so naive as to believe that people on 7G don't do the the same thing to the IRL. Don't you remember the recent post where people thought it was funny that somehad had the phrase "Death to Tony George and those who follow him" on their car at a recent CART race?

There are many people here who can discuss CART in a open-minded manner. I rarely see anyone on 7G who can do this with the IRL.
    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Safe, exciting racing for everyone! Cheers!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Danny Noonan:
        [QB]Paper, surely you are not so naive as to believe that people on 7G don't do the the same thing to the IRL. Don't you remember the recent post where people thought it was funny that somehad had the phrase "Death to Tony George and those who follow him" on their car at a recent CART race?

I say death to Cart and all 10 cars they have lined up for next year.

Comment

I wish CART well and hope they have a safe race. However my entire focus will be in St. Louis. My interest in CART just isn't there.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: grogg ]

Comment

I think it's the kick a dog when it's down thing. When Cart had the upper hand the IRL bashing was pretty cruel over there, now the tables have turned and there's more doom and gloom posts about Cart with in-fightning amoungst members going on. Meanwhile, some on this board enjoy tracking MPH stock and Cart car counts for '03 and bashing back.

Each to there own I guess. Neither board can claim taking the high road in this nearly 7 year old standoff.
            Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

I don't care about CART.

The only reason there is so much discussion here that includes CART, is that some CART fans post here, some of the to bash the IRL.

If that small group of IRL-bashing CART fans were not posting here on the IRL board, there would be much, much less mention of CART on this board.
              If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by trac-champ:
                <STRONG>I think it's the kick a dog when it's down thing. When Cart had the upper hand the IRL bashing was pretty cruel over there, now the tables have turned and there's more doom and gloom posts about Cart with in-fightning amoungst members going on. Meanwhile, some on this board enjoy tracking MPH stock and Cart car counts for '03 and bashing back.

Each to there own I guess. Neither board can claim taking the high road in this nearly 7 year old standoff.</STRONG>
                I guess it depends on who's ox is being gored! CART fans have done NOTHING but bash us for 7 yrs. and now the tables have turned they don't like it! I guess IRL fans are damd if we do and damd if we don't I guarantee you that if the shoe were on the other foot, CART fans would be over here more than they already are BASHING us. But instead, they've got to coddle their own series to just make sure that it shows up next year. I'm anxious to see the "Driver List" for CART next year. I'll bet ya that there will be more CART drivers in the IRL next year than IRL drivers in CART. Wanna take that bet?
                But that's just my opinion!

Comment

That must explain the IRL only fans going over to 'birds board and starting their own bashing threads all by there self.
                  Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by backstroke:
                    <STRONG>Safe, exciting racing for everyone! Cheers!</STRONG>
                    Couldn't have said it better muhself

Comment

Originally posted by paper:
                      <STRONG>I hope the irl has a very good show today and I completely sure they will, I am sincere in that hope,, how many here can say the same thing about montreal? </STRONG>
                      Me. I haven't missed a CART race in years. I watch every IRL, CART, Nascar and F1 race. In fact I also watched the Atlantics and Busch races this weekend and IRL(on the internet) and CART qualifying. I try to catch as much World Rally as possible.

Today I have a reunion to go to. So I will have both VCR's running to catch both races.

And there is alot of hatred of the IRL on 7g. To think differently is pure folly.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: IndyIRLman ]
                      IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I concur with TxIndyFan....I don't care about CART. I rarely click on the CART forum on this site. I have NEVER been to 7th Gear, in fact I'm not sure what it is. I have been looking forward to CART's demise since Penske and Patrick formed it in the 70's. I wish Penske would leave the IRL before he attempts to pull the inevitable power-play.

I also wish that any owner, driver, mechanic, or shop floor maintenance engineer that doesn't want to be in the IRL or who is using it as a stepping-stone to another series would leave NOW ! I don't need you. I feel the same way about any so-called IRL fans who think that a few road courses would be beneficial to the IRL.

I'm beginning to have a problem distinguishing the IRL from the CART that I remember with animosity and later by apathy.

Then there's the deal with NASCAR gobbling up all the U.S. talent....but that's a whole 'nuther gripe !

"It's not the split, it's not the lack of marketing, it's not the days the races run on, it's the product." Tommy Kendall

"....and the DRIVERS are the product !" SJFast

Comment

There's a race in Montreal?????? How many times a year does F-1 race there (tongue in cheek).

Comment

"I'll bet ya that there will be more CART drivers in the IRL next year than IRL drivers in CART. Wanna take that bet?"

I'd love to take that bet,
                            besides Thomas how many Irl drivers would have any chance of a ride..

Comment

originally posted by SJFast

I also wish that any owner, driver, mechanic, or shop floor maintenance engineer that doesn't want to be in the IRL or who is using it as a stepping-stone to another series would leave NOW ! I don't need you. I feel the same way about any so-called IRL fans who think that a few road courses would be beneficial to the IRL.
                              I'm guessing if another series offered jobs with raises to everyone listed, the field would be lowered by half.

As for the fans, yesterday's qual attendance would be the raceday norm.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X