No announcement yet.

Sheckter: I want to stay in the IRL....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheckter: I want to stay in the IRL....

Maybe there's hope for the kid yet. From a Bruce Martin article:

Scheckter said he is not finished with the IRL and wants to remain in the series rather than jump to CART.

"Hopefully, I'll be back soon in the IRL and in a car that goes up front," Scheckter said. "I want to race in the IRL. I've enjoyed racing in the IRL. The IRL has been great for me and ... and I want to be part of the IRL in the future.

"I'm not saying I'm not interested in CART, but the IRL is where single-seater, open-wheel racing in America is going. That's the only direction I want to go into now. But you never know. If an opportunity comes up, it comes up. I want to continue winning races in the IRL."

Interesting. Then the safety reasons he was citing was probably the fact that he was handed a repaired tub to dive and didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

I wouldn't be upset if he still wants to race here. He just needs to learn how to be patient, that's all.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: R_Mears_Fan ]
    He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Sounds like he's playing two sides to a fiddle and will go where the grass grows greener. What a weak statement he gave. As if he's the best racer the IRL's ever had. His statement sounds like he patronizes the IRL but likes CART. Hey squirt...you need to grow up. You're not that good mister. IMO, he embarassed Cheever Racing, Red Bull, and himself. Why does this Scheckter remind me of Prince Naseem the Arabic boxer that represents the UK?

Comment

Scheckter said he is not finished with the IRL and wants to remain in the series rather than jump to CART.
        Does this mean there's a few more cars and drivers left on his list yet to run into?
        Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Personally I hope Tomas does stay in the IRL, I have found him fun to watch and despite what many say I think he has some real talent. Some of his drives through the pack such as Richmond and Michigan shows the talent that the kid has. IMHO I think Cheever handled the whole adding Rice thing wrong, the fact that Tomas was hearing rumors he was fired or being replaced and thw whole time Eddie was out of the country and unreachable to reassure Tomas was the wrong way to handle it.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

Since I did not actually talk to him I was not going to repeat what I had heard he said in the media center.

But I believe he said this to everyone who did talk to him.

Comment

I'm sure he did say that. I can't find it at the moment but a few weeks ago he made some kind of disparaging remarks about F-1 and CART. Can't find them or recall exactly what he said but he does seem to favor the IRL for some reason.....

Comment

Originally posted by R_Mears_Fan:
                <STRONG>Interesting. Then the safety reasons he was citing was probably the fact that he was handed a repaired tub to dive and didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: R_Mears_Fan ]</STRONG>
                Good point...However, he made the tub broken right.

Dizz Fan
                "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

Originally posted by chrisg:
                  <STRONG>I'm sure he did say that. I can't find it at the moment but a few weeks ago he made some kind of disparaging remarks about F-1 and CART. Can't find them or recall exactly what he said but he does seem to favor the IRL for some reason.....</STRONG>
                  On the IRL teleconference after winning the Michigan race he went out of his way to make derogatory comments about CART and F1.

Surprised me because I had bought into the hype that he would go to CART next year and then move on to F1.

Now I believe he is just more immature than I thought. He is young, and is likely to learn a tough lesson from this.

Comment

Tomas is a drama queen, if you ask me. First, his "Why, Eddie, why?" performance, and now this stunt. He likes the spotlight, and if he can't have it on the track, he creats a drama. Pffffffffft.

Comment

Tomas is just an immature jerk.
                      He doesn't even keep his sponsor committments.
                      At INDY, he was supposed to race three fans in simulators as a Red Bull/Nordstroms promotion.
                      Naturally, he was a no show.
                      They stuck poor Robby McGhee in the simulator (who was still on crutches) as a replacement.
                      Toe Mas is an *** .

Comment

Tomas is a bigtime BS'er. If you believe for one second that he would rather stay in the IRL than go to CART or F1, I have a speedway on the corner of 16th and Georgetown to sell you! Good riddance Tomas, don't let the door hit you on the way ou!
                        "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Tomas is a drama queen
                          "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Originally posted by chrisg:
                            <STRONG>...... but he does seem to favor the IRL for some reason.....</STRONG>
                            That reason is called the Indianapolis 500, the only race that really matters in the long run.
                            A driver switching from one CArT team to another CArT team is like a passenger switching from one seat to another seat just before the plane goes down.

Comment

Here we go again ..

Yesterday you wanted to throw the kid out with the trash .. now all the talk of giving him another chance ..

Flip-flop

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X