Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another open-wheeler lost to the taxicabs

Click here

This getting pretty ridiculous. Now, we've lost a Mears to NASCAR. I know he wasn't real well-liked because of his attitude, but still...

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Originally posted by sf-indy-fan:
    <STRONG>Click here

This getting pretty ridiculous. Now, we've lost a Mears to NASCAR. I know he wasn't real well-liked because of his attitude, but still...

</STRONG>
    I guess I don't remember anything negative about his attitude. Can you refresh my memory? (...if it was part of his CART driving, that would explain it. I guess I don't pay attention enough to know that he had run 5 races in CART)

http://harm.net
    http://CampAndBrew.com

Comment

Sad that a guy with the mears name is lost. Sad than an andretti isn't in the IRL instead of down south.

and i really love tyce. Bounty hunter/racecar driver. what a bad***!

"Yeah, Jerry, the car was just super, but please excuse me. I've got to get out of here and go chase down an evil gun runner and his men." Come on. what a TV series that would make!.

But the funding for americans is getting tougher to come by. Tony has fixed almost everything else, but he just has to get on this problem.
      I'm dead now.

Comment

Relax everyone, its only for one year.

Comment

Originally posted by sf-indy-fan:
          <STRONG>This getting pretty ridiculous. Now, we've lost a Mears to NASCAR.</STRONG>
          I think Casey will have the same luck in NASCAR as Scott Pruett and Anthony Lazzaro. Running under-powered, over-aero-ed, over-tired, rear-engined open wheel cars do very little to get you ready to run over-powered, under-aero-ed, under-tired front engined stock cars. About the only advantage he has is knowledge of telemetry systems.
          "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm relaxed! We are in a slump for mindful rocketeers these days. Wait for a bit and watch what happens! The best racing comes at the highest duration/speeds!

NASCAR is for people who love playing UNO!
            http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

I think Johnny Sauter will whip his butt for ROY.

Comment

I'm glad NASCAR is there for our open wheelers. If not, they'd be unemployed or stuck in a rut, if you'll pardon the pun.
                Plus, it may keep some of them in racing long enough for the IRL to one day offer them a long term venue and help them return to their oval, short track roots.Thirdly, without the hope of WC I think most all young short track open wheelers would quickly switch to fenders and what's left of open wheel would completely whither.
                carl s
                Indio, CA
                Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by trow:
                  <STRONG>NASCAR is for people who love playing UNO!</STRONG>
                  That is a very profound statement Trow

Comment

Patience grasshoppers. Listen to the vertically challenged ones as we speak the truth.
                    Dan Schlosser
                    Go fast, turn left !
                    www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                    Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Mears brought his name, but little else. He did little in Indy Lights, less in the IRL, and even less in CART. And, I have a feeling that those results will look awesome compared to his NASCAR results.

Comment

Trow i guess i must love playing UNO....LOL...
                        I think he could have found a better BGN team to go to. That team has not done very good since Todd Bodine left that team. the car is now a Dodge intrepid and has a great look to the car. I can't wait untill we can see what he does in the BGN.,id pack i would put money one it.

jason

Comment

" Plus, in the U.S. right now, if you’re stock- car racing, then you’re racing with the best of the best. That’s where I want to be."

Wonder what he meant by that...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                            <STRONG>" Plus, in the U.S. right now, if you’re stock- car racing, then you’re racing with the best of the best. That’s where I want to be."

Wonder what he meant by that...</STRONG>
                            Maybe the same thing Al Jr. meant when he bashed the IRL while in CART..and bashed CART while in the IRL??

Comment

did we need him????

he was no sam hornish jr.
                              Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X