• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rrrr
    replied
    Originally posted by Racewriter:
    <STRONG>

You've got it all wrong, Cornutt. Should a CART team sign Scheckter, it represents the IRL's most effective attack on CART to date. Nothing will decimate their already slim car counts like Tommy the Horny Test driver free to wreak havoc in CART races. I'd say Cheever's compensation is being finally rid of the untalented little snot-nose.</STRONG>
    Snkkk..heheh..bbuh....Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!!

In the midst of RW's usual steaming piles, a diamond shows up!!!! Too funny, RW.

Leave a comment:

• cornutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Racewriter:
    <STRONG>

You've got it all wrong, Cornutt. Should a CART team sign Scheckter, it represents the IRL's most effective attack on CART to date. </STRONG>
    Ouch! (Come to think of it, that's probably what Jaques Lazier said...)

Leave a comment:

• Doc Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by KnockOff:
    <STRONG>To be fair and accurate, Rahal is taking considerable heat from many CART fans who although they loathe the IRL still recognize foot in mouth disease when they see it.

</STRONG>
    Yeah, the rahal thread at 7G looks pretty similar to this one. Let CART and it's guys continue all the gabbing. Even it's own die hard 7Ger fans are starting to tire of it. CART has done everything else wrong, so why not cheeze off the fan base and finish the job?

With this latest outburst, I am no longer taking any joy in CART's misfortunes. It's not even funny either. It's just pitiful what they have done to such a great series. They are so desperate, they will say anything. I'm just sad they have come to this.

Leave a comment:

• TinPusher
    replied
    PHJ, you make it sound like the kid screws up every other lap; sometimes he can make it 100 to 150 laps before he makes a mistake for whatever reason. Besides not all of his mistakes are huge, look at Indy, he just missed the groove by a couple of feet and slid up in the gray area; whereas on a road course that just means that he puts a rear tire in the dirt upon the exit of the turn.

To answer somebody else, yes, street courses would be just as bad for him as ovals so that means that in CART next year he could show well if not dominate in 8 races which will be run on road courses, then there are 10 steet courses or ovals and you have to figure that he'll win one of those (lucky race with no mistakes - you know like Michigan this year).

Leave a comment:

• indycool
    replied
    Rahal's comments are inappropriate and I've said this on other threads on other forums.
    He played the "safety card" politically when a guy uses it as a legal move to get out of a contract when he knows a lot of people in both series are constantly working on safety.
    When one plays the safety card, it always comes back to bite 'em.
    In Rahal's case, he booked CART's Texas event when he was president and bought into the idea that CART was gonna show Texans that it was faster than the IRL. And we all know what happened there.

Leave a comment:

• PHJIndy
    replied
    It seems to me that winning on a road course would be very difficult if you're sliding off the track a lot. You may not be hitting walls, but you would still be off the course.
    It is difficult enough to pass if you're not involved in off road incidents.

Leave a comment:

• rev-ed
    replied
    Can we tear ourselves away from the Tomas-bashing now? I think its moved beyond reacting to circumstances. . .

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• KnockOff
    replied
    To be fair and accurate, Rahal is taking considerable heat from many CART fans who although they loathe the IRL still recognize foot in mouth disease when they see it.

Leave a comment:

• jmart
    replied
    TinPusher,

He may set a new record though for carnage on the street courses. You know, the "concrete canyons".

jmart

Leave a comment:

• sabin_24
    replied
    Originally posted by TinPusher:
    <STRONG>I think that Tomas would be perfect for CART since they will race almost exclusively on road courses next year. He's fast, I'm sure that everyone here will admit that, but unlike on an oval where his inevitable mistakes always put him into the wall, on a road course when his talent takes him into the lead and then his immaturity or lack of concentration causes him to make a mistake all that happens is that he goes off-line runs over a little bit of grass and then he goes right back at it perhaps without even losing the lead. With Newman/Haas or with Player's Sheckter could be a consistent winner in CART.</STRONG>
    Would that make CART the easier series to drive in then?

Leave a comment:

• TinPusher
    replied
    I think that Tomas would be perfect for CART since they will race almost exclusively on road courses next year. He's fast, I'm sure that everyone here will admit that, but unlike on an oval where his inevitable mistakes always put him into the wall, on a road course when his talent takes him into the lead and then his immaturity or lack of concentration causes him to make a mistake all that happens is that he goes off-line runs over a little bit of grass and then he goes right back at it perhaps without even losing the lead. With Newman/Haas or with Player's Sheckter could be a consistent winner in CART.

Leave a comment:

• Racewriter
    replied
    Originally posted by cornutt:
    <STRONG>If CART permits one of their teams to sign Scheckter and Cheever isn't compensated, this will constitute the most severe escalation since the U.S. 500. It could force IMS to have to reject the Indy 500 entries of CART teams that aren't running full time in the IRL (especially if one of those teams plans to use Scheckter as a cherry-picker). </STRONG>
    You've got it all wrong, Cornutt. Should a CART team sign Scheckter, it represents the IRL's most effective attack on CART to date. Nothing will decimate their already slim car counts like Tommy the Horny Test driver free to wreak havoc in CART races. I'd say Cheever's compensation is being finally rid of the untalented little snot-nose.

Leave a comment:

• cornutt
    replied
    Here's the thing that I'm surprised nobody's commented on... A sanctioning body is apparently trying to entice a driver who is under contract in another series to break a contract. Now I've heard of teams enticing drivers to break contracts (happens all the time in F1, but at some point it's happened at least once in every series), but I've never heard of a sanctioning body being involved in it. One of the purposes of sanctioning bodies is supposed to be to keep a lid on shenanigans like this.

If CART permits one of their teams to sign Scheckter and Cheever isn't compensated, this will constitute the most severe escalation since the U.S. 500. It could force IMS to have to reject the Indy 500 entries of CART teams that aren't running full time in the IRL (especially if one of those teams plans to use Scheckter as a cherry-picker).

There was a time, not so long ago, when ACCUS could have very quickly put a lid on this sort of thing... Sigh...

Leave a comment:

• Truth Detector
    replied
    Maybe Rahal can negotiate another race at Texas for the vertigo heroes.

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: doitagain ]

Leave a comment:

• WAS
    replied
    [QB]Bobby Rahal:

“I’ve said it before and, unfortunately the record proves it . . . I think it’s a very dangerous series. Davey Hamilton, Richie Hearn . . . Jason Priestley had about as much business being in one of those cars (Infiniti Pro Series) as my 13-year-old son. These cars aren’t stock cars, they are fast race cars and when I’m at Indianapolis I worry every time a guy I’m close to goes out in one of my cars.”
    QB][/QUOTE]

Well, lets see, knocking the talent level of the drivers hasn't worked, neither have the knocks on attendance, sponsers, tracks, etc. And the spec series criticisms have really come back to haunt them. Now they're gonna help the world see the light by bringing the safety of the cars into question. Good luck gentlemen. Obviously subscribers to the theory "a man never stands quite so tall as when he puts another down."

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X