No announcement yet.

"Scheckter's Welcome in CART"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that winning on a road course would be very difficult if you're sliding off the track a lot. You may not be hitting walls, but you would still be off the course.
    It is difficult enough to pass if you're not involved in off road incidents.
    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Rahal's comments are inappropriate and I've said this on other threads on other forums.
      He played the "safety card" politically when a guy uses it as a legal move to get out of a contract when he knows a lot of people in both series are constantly working on safety.
      When one plays the safety card, it always comes back to bite 'em.
      In Rahal's case, he booked CART's Texas event when he was president and bought into the idea that CART was gonna show Texans that it was faster than the IRL. And we all know what happened there.
      "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

PHJ, you make it sound like the kid screws up every other lap; sometimes he can make it 100 to 150 laps before he makes a mistake for whatever reason. Besides not all of his mistakes are huge, look at Indy, he just missed the groove by a couple of feet and slid up in the gray area; whereas on a road course that just means that he puts a rear tire in the dirt upon the exit of the turn.

To answer somebody else, yes, street courses would be just as bad for him as ovals so that means that in CART next year he could show well if not dominate in 8 races which will be run on road courses, then there are 10 steet courses or ovals and you have to figure that he'll win one of those (lucky race with no mistakes - you know like Michigan this year).
        "they(NASCAR fans) know the difference between George Mack and Tony Stewart" - hdolan 8/31/02

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff:
          <STRONG>To be fair and accurate, Rahal is taking considerable heat from many CART fans who although they loathe the IRL still recognize foot in mouth disease when they see it.

</STRONG>
          Yeah, the rahal thread at 7G looks pretty similar to this one. Let CART and it's guys continue all the gabbing. Even it's own die hard 7Ger fans are starting to tire of it. CART has done everything else wrong, so why not cheeze off the fan base and finish the job?

With this latest outburst, I am no longer taking any joy in CART's misfortunes. It's not even funny either. It's just pitiful what they have done to such a great series. They are so desperate, they will say anything. I'm just sad they have come to this.
          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter:
            <STRONG>

You've got it all wrong, Cornutt. Should a CART team sign Scheckter, it represents the IRL's most effective attack on CART to date. </STRONG>
            Ouch! (Come to think of it, that's probably what Jaques Lazier said...)

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter:
              <STRONG>

You've got it all wrong, Cornutt. Should a CART team sign Scheckter, it represents the IRL's most effective attack on CART to date. Nothing will decimate their already slim car counts like Tommy the Horny Test driver free to wreak havoc in CART races. I'd say Cheever's compensation is being finally rid of the untalented little snot-nose.</STRONG>
              Snkkk..heheh..bbuh....Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!!

In the midst of RW's usual steaming piles, a diamond shows up!!!! Too funny, RW.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X