"Scheckter's Welcome in CART"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mackie:
    That won't stop the bleeding, it isn't tit for tat, the score card is ugly and the IRL is winning the game.[/QB]
    The game is over. Another scenerio has been irrevokably reversed! Now the guys who wreck every week, the guys who can't cut it in the IRL, are stepping down to CART! Toooooooooo Sweeeeeeeeet!

Imagine Tomas winning the CART title after all he could do in the IRL was crash! Toooooooo sweeeeeeeeeet!
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

"I think Tomas is a helluva race car driver. He’s a sharp young man. He has the sort of glow around him that attracts people to him and I think he would be a great addition to our series.”

Yes, there are several drivers in the IRL that would be a great addition to CART...

Comment

right on, SHADOWCATCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        this is where we walked
        this is where we swam
        take a picture here
        take a souvenier

Comment

Tomas~
          Please....allow me to help you pack your bags and show you to the door!

Barb
          In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak_IndyFan:
            <STRONG>

I used to have a lot of respect for Bobby Rahal. Now, he ranks right up there with Michael Shumacher in my book.

:mad: :mad: :mad:</STRONG>
            Oh, please. Rahal's been the chief CART crybaby since 1995. Rahal and Tommy the Horny Test Driver is a good match in my book.
            "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by IndyIRLman:
              <STRONG>OK there are some here who say Scheckter is a VVanker. If so, why all of the interest from CART owners?</STRONG>
              Maybe it is decisions like this that is making people question if their will even be a series next year.

Outlaw

Comment

Bobby Rahal:

“I’ve said it before and, unfortunately the record proves it . . . I think it’s a very dangerous series. Davey Hamilton, Richie Hearn . . . Jason Priestley had about as much business being in one of those cars (Infiniti Pro Series) as my 13-year-old son. These cars aren’t stock cars, they are fast race cars and when I’m at Indianapolis I worry every time a guy I’m close to goes out in one of my cars.”

Dangerous compared to what, Bobby Ray? CART? Make sure your 13 year old son knows what series Jeff Krosnoff, Gonzalo Rodrigeuz and Greg Moore were driving in when they lost their lives. And the record? The record shows that Davey Hamilton, Richie Hearn and Jason Priestly are still with us. And what if they were stock cars? Ask the families of Kenny Irwin and Adam Petty how safe those cars are.

He can say what he wants about the caliber of driver in the IRL but to say that the IRL is any more dangerous than CART or any other series is lunacy... absolute lunacy. I guess he'll say anything to get a few final jabs in at the IRL while he goes down with the CART ship. political cheap shots, imo, no better - worse, even - than the comments made by DaMatta.

I hope he and Pook can get Scheckter signed soon. CART might just last long enough for him to do well enough to get another F1 testing contract.

Phhhhhhft! :mad:
                Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Rahal dismissed the former World Champion’s son from the Jaguar development program after he his arrest for soliciting a prostitute in London.
                  He's a Ride-Buyer to boot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IndyIRLman:
                    <STRONG>OK there are some here who say Scheckter is a VVanker. If so, why all of the interest from CART owners?</STRONG>
                    Because he has shown A LOT of speed and they hope the crashing part is out of his system! Also, he did lead a lot of Indy! Also, because he was one bad motha in road racing in Europe, and they know that. BTW, he is THE hot topic in the paddock this weekend. I kind of feel bad for Jon Fogarty & Michael Valiante who may get passed up for a ride because of him. Not to mention Memo Gidley....

BTW, the same guys who bagged on Junqueira are bagging on Scheckter now. LOL!

Comment

Sorta refreshing to hear some IRL ****** is THE hot topic of the CART paddock for a change. And all we get in return is Al Jr, Gil, Helio, Mikey, etc. Hey, wait a minute. Is that a fair trade? To even things up we are gonna throw in John de Vries and Scott Harrington.

Comment

Idiotic quote by the non-humble and unapologetic Bobby Rahal <STRONG>
                        “I’ve said it before and, unfortunately the record proves it . . . I think it’s a very dangerous series. Davey Hamilton, Richie Hearn . . . Jason Priestley had about as much business being in one of those cars (Infiniti Pro Series) as my 13-year-old son. These cars aren’t stock cars, they are fast race cars and when I’m at Indianapolis I worry every time a guy I’m close to goes out in one of my cars.”</STRONG>
                        What, in God's name, is wrong with that clown? That's just wrong. Misinformed. Malicious.

Comment

Tomas was fast because he was in a FAST car! BUT he could not control the car.

Is he a great driver?? All you CART guys always scream that the car is 99% and there is no skill needed.

Well, the car was good -- driver?????

Did the Infiniti engine make Boat a better driver??

The kid has gotten where he is because his name ONLY!

N-H would like him in CART -- remember Haas is the Lola man! He sees a new profit center!
                          Being sued for $2.1 BILLION is a serious problem!!

Comment

Originally posted by woody hayes:
                            <STRONG>let Cart have him!!! .</STRONG>

Am I the only guy who is mad to see Scheckter leave? It sure seems that way. I still say it sucks. I am not saying , in any way, that I agree with what he did. But geeeeeeeeeeez, he is pure excitement on the track.
                            IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                              <STRONG>

Because they think Shekky will bring Red Bull with him.</STRONG>
                              Why? Red Bull signed with Cheever before Tomas was part of the team.
                              IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Thomas goes to Cart in exchange for Tora, seems fair to me

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X