Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from the track

Some impressions:

Gil has a very fast car. Look for him to be at the front.

Sam was sandbaggin a bit in practice.Great run.

Helio was pumped, during the last practice run before qualifying, he was racing Sam to the line several times.
    Score- Helio 2, Sam 1.

I take back everything I've said about Sarah, not that I'm guilty of anything other than I thought she needs to be in IPS for polishing. She was outstanding and really drove good lines in 1 and 2.

Robbie Buhl is back! Great run.

Suprises, sort of: Raul('97 pole sitter in Inaugral Gateway 300), Redon, and dogs driver of the week, Vitor.

RBM was way off the pace.

George Mack-- Yikes He is lost in 1 and 2. He was going way high and was into no-mans land several times. Look for an incident involving him if someone trys passing him there.

Great day, a little muggy but over all nice!

Oh, Buddy Rice looked good too.

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: trac-champ ]
    Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

I'd really like to see either Buhl or Lazier take this thing...but the Penske boys look tough. They've had the short tracks figured out all year.

Comment

trac-champ, thats for the report. I love having a fans' perspective / run-down like this- the more the merrier. It adds as much to my enjoyment of the race later as any of the "broadcast quality" cliche's... no, wait, make that more!
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

I forgot to add,

Al Jr. was coming off the warmup lane onto the backstretch to start his qual run when something broke. Transmission Maybe? Car sounded terminal.

Ward ran very good in practice and had a good run going in Quals when something went wrong and he lost the car momemtarily in 2 and had a "moment".

The new "Energizer" scheme looked good on his car as well.
        Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

How was the crowd today at Gateway?
          My hovercraft is full of eels.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Roberts:
            <STRONG>How was the crowd today at Gateway?</STRONG>
            poor.......but when they opened the garage area for the autograph session I don't know where all those people came from

SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Let's don't talk about that.

There were quite a few in the garage area.

Comment

Wish I was there.

The short tracks i dont like cause the racing isnt as good.

I like the 1.5 milers better.

Should be an ok race, but im afriad a Penske will win, they have this track, and the short ones figured out.

Go Robbie and Sarah.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
                  <STRONG>Should be an ok race, but im afriad a Penske will win, they have this track, and the short ones figured out.
                  </STRONG>
                  Don't worry, teh last two races are at 1.5 milers, and thats where teh championship will all come together.

Comment

"The short tracks i dont like cause the racing isnt as good."

That's right, they're just puttering around out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
                      <STRONG>Wish I was there.

I like the 1.5 milers better.

Should be an ok race, but im afriad a Penske will win, they have this track, and the short ones figured out.

Go Robbie and Sarah. </STRONG>
                      You got it right..."Penske" and "I'm afraid" in the same sentance. They are on a mission this weekend. First and second would not suprise me, nor should it, anyone.

Go Robbie and Sarah!

Dizz Fan
                      "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

Uh huh.. Set yourself down in the turn one seats and you'll see who's got the biggest nads. Always enjoyable to see who takes it into 1 at nearly 190 + mph the deepest before lifting for the oval equivalent of a hair-pin.

Comment

I like the short tracks because the drivers actually have to take there foot off the gas and maybe shift once in awhile.
                          Nolan Ryan was once bitten by a coyote

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X