Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And sif was saying..

"and Sam Hornish is 14th!"

Sam did a little better then that sif, but GdF had a great run!

Looks like Menard's "ride buyer," got what he paid for, best start for a Menard car since Indy.

What the heck is wrong with Buddy, I thought they may got it back?

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: Mackie ]

Man, look at Miera!
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Didn't realize that Sam's 14th was the first practice time. Should never count him out.

Top three within 265 1/1000's. Shold make for a good race, if that is possible at Gateway.

Looks like Laurent may be getting some of his speed back.

Good to see that Ray could out qualify Mack.
      Sifaka

Comment

if it wasn't for the bottom three , whose names never very when they are all racing, the field would be under one second, top to bottom. I wish Robby would get a good, solid regular ride, he proved he could run at the front with Treadway a couple of years back. As for "back of the pack" Mack, I would like to see him in better stuff too, I think it has been a car/crew thing almost all year. The original Chnningham stuff wasn't that good. The switch from Menard to Speedway hasn't helped either, has to be driver, car or crew, I would guess that feedback is tough from a guy so good in karts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:

Looks like Menard's "ride buyer," got what he paid for, best start for a Menard car since Indy.

Vitor Miera's not a "ride buyer" he didn't bring a DIME!!! He just outdrove Memo Gidley and that's that. He's got more "upside" to him than Gidley. Menards been pretty good about hiring "American" Drivers in his past so I dont' fault him for the Vitor move. It could turn into a 2 car team next year. Vitor & Jacques. Wouldn't that be a heck of a team? One young gun and one "patient, fast, determined to get to the front driver. Jacques could teach this kid so much it's ridiculous!

But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by jetdoc:
            <STRONG>
            One young gun and one "patient, fast, determined to get to the front driver.

</STRONG>
            I don't remember Lazier being that patient. But definately fast and determined.
            IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Ok Indyirl, smart may be the word they are looking for. Agressive yep but smart agressive ,doesn't go where he has just been told not to go. Big Giant Difference. I sure am glad that Menard wasn't counting on all that MONEY Vitor brought. if it cost a nickle to s(*t Menard would have to throwup using those big bucks.
              sa

Comment

Originally posted by jetdoc:
                <STRONG>

Vitor Miera's not a "ride buyer" he didn't bring a DIME!!! He just outdrove Memo Gidley and that's that. He's got more "upside" to him than Gidley. Menards been pretty good about hiring "American" Drivers in his past so I dont' fault him for the Vitor move. It could turn into a 2 car team next year. Vitor & Jacques. Wouldn't that be a heck of a team? One young gun and one "patient, fast, determined to get to the front driver. Jacques could teach this kid so much it's ridiculous!

</STRONG>

Of course he didn't bring a dime, he brought
                three million worth. As for him being faster that Memo. Well, how fast would he been if Memo didn't set the car up for him?

Comment

mapguy, can you name the sponsor?

Comment

Thanks for the link "Map," as some of you know, once in a while I write for OWR.com, it has been a while though. I still have insiders that help me with information. jetdoc, I have heard from two people the extent of efforts on VM behalf. If only the American buisness community would back their future racing stars this way, the IRL would be set.

Comment

Originally posted by backstroke:
                      <STRONG>mapguy, can you name the sponsor?</STRONG>
                      Dunno, why don't you email the author of the article. Just because he brings money doesn't mean he has a corporate sponsor. Just take a look at Jaques Lazier and Kenny Brack (how do you think that he got the Foyt ride?). It is called having a 'silent money man'.

Comment

Originally posted by Mapguy v2.1:
                        <STRONG>
                        Of course he didn't bring a dime, he brought three million worth. As for him being faster that Memo. Well, how fast would he been if Memo didn't set the car up for him?</STRONG>
                        What's the matter mapguy? Things a little slow today over in the Seventh Grade? Oddly, the guesswork that made up the story in that link can't find a source, either. If Memo did so well, why wouldn't Menard have put him in the seat? John really doesn't have any money worries.

I guess you're a Team Menard expert, too, huh? At any rate, it's good to see you slither in here to join real race fans once in a while.

Comment

What's the matter mapguy? Things a little slow today over in the Seventh Grade?
                          Not really, just thought I'd pop in for a look. Mind you it is a step up from joining you in kindergarten.

If Memo did so well, why wouldn't Menard have put him in the seat? John really doesn't have any money worries.
                          Three million is three million more than what he would have by putting Memo in the seat.

At any rate, it's good to see you slither in here to join real race fans once in a while.
                          Sorry John, but I don't consider you a 'real' race fan, more like a 'niche' race fan.

I want to apologize to all the rest of the Track Forum fans for my posts about this subject (other than Johnny DeFender). I have read this article that I posted and I can see no other reason why VM was signed to drive other than money. Why else would Menard put him in the car instead of Gidley or Dismore?

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: Mapguy v2.1 ]

Comment

Well isn't all this quaint. Perhaps someone, anyone, can point me to a valid link that contains:

A. The name of a sponsor.

B. A more credible source than the wishful thinking of a small time writer with a known disdain for the IRL.

Vitor mania. We're catching it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Defender:
                              <STRONG>Well isn't all this quaint. Perhaps someone, anyone, can point me to a valid link that contains:

A. The name of a sponsor.

B. A more credible source than the wishful thinking of a small time writer with a known disdain for the IRL.

Vitor mania. We're catching it. Thanks for sharing.</STRONG>
                              Have you ever considered that it could be family money?

As for point B have you ever heard of Jack Arute?

BTW. How's Danielle?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X