• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Ryan Hampton?

Any one know his background?
    Sifaka

Nope....don't care either !
    "It's not the split, it's not the lack of marketing, it's not the days the races run on, it's the product." Tommy Kendall

"....and the DRIVERS are the product !" SJFast

Comment

Former F2000 driver. Ran very well in F2000 oval competition. A good, young talent. Running for, among others, Dave Conti (who had rbm at Indy a couple of years ago) in IPS.
      IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks:
        <STRONG>Former F2000 driver. Ran very well in F2000 oval competition. A good, young talent. Running for, among others, Dave Conti (who had rbm at Indy a couple of years ago) in IPS.</STRONG>
        Thanks,
        When he qualified for the IPS pole 3/4 of second faster that Cory Witherwill I wondered where he had come from.
        Sifaka

Comment

Looks to me like he's fresh meat for Jewls.

Comment

FF2000 front runner and SRII Grand-Am champ from a few years ago, if I recall. Maybe, he wasn't Champion, but he did win a lot of races.

Comment

Ryan Hampton is good talented young american.

Ho hum on his way to the IRL.

Too bad CARTel dont have him.

I watched this guy at Disney world and Phoenix a few years back and this guy is the real deal. VERY Talented, very good on the ovals, would bea bright star in the league with the proper car.

Comment

He better be 3/4 of a second faster than Witherill. The reviews on Ryan were mixed. Judging by past results he probably couldn't cut it in CART anyway (Not the best Road Racer).
                http://www.usf2000.com/cgi-bin/caree...Ryan%20Hampton
                Nolan Ryan was once bitten by a coyote

Comment

For his first IPS race, he seems to be doing a pretty good job against some oval guys on a drivers track. Makes you really question the talent (though not the names) that are currently in the IPS.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: BADGER ]

Comment

Not his first Pro Series race Badger. Pay attention grasshopper and you may learn something.
                    Dan Schlosser
                    Go fast, turn left !
                    www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                    Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Well I don't care who he is. At one time in the race (before the 2nd caution) he had a SIX second lead over the field. However, that's his HOME track. He's run over 40 races there so he knows that track VERY well.

Sammich: The reason "...he couldn't cut it in CART anyway." is because he knows how to PASS, he doesn't like parades.

BADGER: I don't question the talent, especially for it's FIRST YEAR in existence. Don't be surprised if you see SEVERAL T/A teams make the move as well. It's cheaper to run the IPS. Secondly, as I said....this kid's got over 40 races at that track so I'm sure he's well aware of EVERY nuance in that track.
                      But that's just my opinion!

Comment

IIRC, Foyt gave this guy a test a couple years back.
                        I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Originally posted by jetdoc:
                          <STRONG>Sammich: The reason "...he couldn't cut it in CART anyway." is because he knows how to PASS, he doesn't like parades.
                          </STRONG>

I was just look at past performances on road courses. I'm not going to use facts to cloud my judgement.
                          Nolan Ryan was once bitten by a coyote

Comment

Are you sure about that being his home track jetdoc? Hampton is another Phoenix guy if I recall. The driver of the Budweiser car, Curtis Francois, is from St. Louis and has a ton of experience there. Just not on the oval.
                            Dan Schlosser
                            Go fast, turn left !
                            www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                            Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                              <STRONG>Are you sure about that being his home track jetdoc? Hampton is another Phoenix guy if I recall. The driver of the Budweiser car, Curtis Francois, is from St. Louis and has a ton of experience there. Just not on the oval.</STRONG>
                              You're right gofast. I retract that previous post regarding his experience at Gateway, however I stand by the rest.

But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X