Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony G should invoke the following rules in the......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony G should invoke the following rules in the......

very near future.
    1. the leaders circle program should be changed into a full frachise system..all current IRL teams are members, they are allowed to enter multiple cars at Indy.
    Non IRL teams wishing to compete at Indy will need to pay $100K per entry, these non IRL teams can only enter one car.
    2. Only current IRL engines i.e. Chevy, Infiniti and Toyota that are approve by the IRL can race in the IRL, these engines must conform in all respects to the 10,700 RPM requirements, this rule should be in effect for 2003 and 2004. JMO...
    what else could Tony come up with....

Originally posted by Indianapolis500:
    <STRONG>very near future.
    1. the leaders circle program should be changed into a full frachise system..all current IRL teams are members, they are allowed to enter multiple cars at Indy.
    Non IRL teams wishing to compete at Indy will need to pay $100K per entry, these non IRL teams can only enter one car.
    2. Only current IRL engines i.e. Chevy, Infiniti and Toyota that are approve by the IRL can race in the IRL, these engines must conform in all respects to the 10,700 RPM requirements, this rule should be in effect for 2003 and 2004. JMO...
    what else could Tony come up with....</STRONG>
    #2 is already the rule.

Why bother with #1. Tony is LEADING by taking the high road. Invoking silly defensive rules just creates CART. That experiment is failing.

I'm ADAMANTLY against any rules designed to EXCLUDE. Bring them into the fold with INCLUSION.

All Tony has to do is set the table, and then watch as everyone shows up for dinner.
    We flipped our finger to the King of England
    Stole our country from the Indians
    With god on our side and guns in our hands
    We took it for our own!

Comment

The IRL teams should be part of a Francise system....similar to the CART Francise system.... The IRL owners won't allow CART to come in and take away what they have built up over the last 6 years...Tony will come up with some new rules in the next couple of months...JMO...

Comment

Odd quirk of history; the "conquerers" always take on as much of the "conquered" as the other way around. For instance, look at U.S. Army uniforms and battle helmets.

Do you understand how funny this is? Using the very things you criticized CART for to exclude someone you don't like and don't want to see participating in your series. If CART does it, it's bad, but if the IRL/IMS do it, it's good. Brilliant.

Originally posted by Indianapolis500:
        <STRONG>The IRL teams should be part of a Francise system....similar to the CART Francise system.... The IRL owners won't allow CART to come in and take away what they have built up over the last 6 years...Tony will come up with some new rules in the next couple of months...JMO...</STRONG>
        Peter Olivola ([email protected])
        "Too dumb for opera
        too smart for NASCAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Olivola:
          <STRONG>

Do you understand how funny this is? Using the very things you criticized CART for to exclude someone you don't like and don't want to see participating in your series. If CART does it, it's bad, but if the IRL/IMS do it, it's good. Brilliant.
          </STRONG>

I feel this needs repeating. I've often thought about this myself.
          RIP Sammich

Comment

Originally posted by rahalnut:
            <STRONG>

I feel this needs repeating. I've often thought about this myself.</STRONG>
            No it's not, this is a BAD idea no matter who does it.
            We flipped our finger to the King of England
            Stole our country from the Indians
            With god on our side and guns in our hands
            We took it for our own!

Comment

I'm just glad the idea is the minority. I still want too know whats bad for CART is good for the IRL. Why can't we all just shut up and race?
              RIP Sammich

Comment

I, too, am not in favor of rules specifically designed for exclusion. The Troyron gang has learned the hard way they do not amount to a hill of beans without Indy.

The thought for most of us remains the same. Acquire the equipment, show up, race. Fans win.

I do appreciate the leaders program for teams who have chosen the IRL.

Comment

I tend to think that if CART returns to the 500 they are saving open wheel racing.
                  After all they did get the boot from TG and are taking the high road after 5 long years.
                  They didn't give TG the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by cmego:
                    <STRONG>I tend to think that if CART returns to the 500 they are saving open wheel racing.
                    After all they did get the boot from TG and are taking the high road after 5 long years.
                    They didn't give TG the boot.</STRONG>
                    They weren't "given" the boot, their
                    (CART) boots walked! It was by their own choice they no longer participated at the Speedway.
                    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Orignally posted by Indianapolis 500
                      The IRL owners won't allow CART to come in and take away what they have built up over the last 6 years...
                      The IRL owners have some say in this league? I thought TG ran this show.
                      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

The very best way to build the IRL is to build the IRL. Doing things to stifle CART just isn't going to be as effective as having a cost effective formula, stable rules and good marketing. Of the three, marketing remains a problem, but all the other important elements are in place. If the series is marketed properly, the sponsors will come in, just like they can't wait to throw their money at NASCAR teams.

Excluding CART is only going to make the IRL look back. We are still having the 25/8 thing thrown in our faces on a daily basis, so the slaggers have enough ammunition with that. The leader's circle does not exclude anyone. It is a reward system and it is a good start, but more needs to be done to pump up the loyal IRL teams. Even at that, there will be critisism that the IRL is screwing the CART teams, but if Tony just holds the course and gets the marketing squared away, everything will be cool. Let CART take care of CART. They are doing a good enough job on themselves without any help, so leave them alone.
                        I'm dead now.

Comment

The very best way to build the IRL is to build the IRL. Doing things to stifle CART just isn't going to be as effective as having a cost effective formula, stable rules and good marketing. Of the three, marketing remains a problem, but all the other important elements are in place. If the series is marketed properly, the sponsors will come in, just like they can't wait to throw their money at NASCAR teams.

Excluding CART is only going to make the IRL look back. We are still having the 25/8 thing thrown in our faces on a daily basis, so the slaggers have enough ammunition with that. The leader's circle does not exclude anyone. It is a reward system and it is a good start, but more needs to be done to pump up the loyal IRL teams. Even at that, there will be critisism that the IRL is screwing the CART teams, but if Tony just holds the course and gets the marketing squared away, everything will be cool. Let CART take care of CART. They are doing a good enough job on themselves without any help, so leave them alone.
                          I'm dead now.

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy:
                            <STRONG>

They weren't "given" the boot, their
                            (CART) boots walked! It was by their own choice they no longer participated at the Speedway.</STRONG>
                            I agree that CART chose to walk away. Team Penske is now an IRL team. Any team that is willing to conform to the IRL rules should be welcome wether they come from CART, NASCAR, WOWO, F-1 or wherever. If a team chooses to race only one race so be it, even if it is Indy.
                            Would there be the same kind of b!tchin' and moanin' if RCR or Hendrick decided to invade Indy or the IRL with all of their resources? The split between CART and the IRL left some deep wounds. Wounds heal with care and proper treatment. Amputation isn't always the solution to an arterial wound.
                            Rick

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Rick Jones ]
                            God speed!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X