Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: BRIAN UPDATE 1/17

Hi Gang!
    It's been more than a week so thought you may be wondering about Brian.

He is such a great guy. He's just hangin' in there although it is obvious that the disease is progressing as is expected. I just don't see how he does it. He still has his sense of humor, still has that impish grin and still says "thank you".

Here is the scoop on where we all stand if you guys still would like to do something to promote support for ALS research in honor of Brian during the month of May. Friends, this is a win-win situation and opportunit for everyone involved. I was nformed that MAY IS ALS AWARENESS MONTH NATIONALLY!! Do you believe the coincidence? Or is it a coicidence?

Brian, after discussing your idea of a small decal on the cars and/or team helmets indicating "ALS Research in honor of Brian", with his parents and with a representative of our local ALS Association has decided that if you all would lke to do this he s more than willing....and is deeply honored and appreciative.
    So we have several teams/drivers who have agreed to do this. Brian will most certainly ot be with us by May but we will not forget him and the way he has touched our lives...by displaying true courage and maintaining such dignity.

After meeting with him today here is what we need to do although I need some of you to act as a resource and help direct things.

I have the name and e-mail address of Brian's ALS representative here in Indy. We need to get her connected with someone within the racing organization to get things started and decide what is the best way to go with this. That most certainly is not my field!
    So do we have any volunteers and/or suggestions/advice?
    I would guess that right now is the best time to get this started..before you all get really busy with preparations for TITW.

Please feel free to e-mail me with your ideas/suggestions/advice. [email protected]

Once again, his parents and his sister (and the entire nursing staff at hospice) want to thank you....from the bottom of our hearts for what you have given to and been for Brian.

God bless you~
    Barb
    In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

You are an angel Barb.

And this guy is a real trooper.
    We flipped our finger to the King of England
    Stole our country from the Indians
    With god on our side and guns in our hands
    We took it for our own!

Comment

Barb

Sent you a PM with a bunch of "stuff" but also wonder if Janie and Steve might like to do something with this for their new radio show?

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: 220mph ]

Comment

220~ have not received notification of PM....would you care to e-mail me direct?
        Barb
        In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

Comment

Yes, I'd like to do something with this on the new "Inside Racing" radio show. Barb - please e-mail me directly at: [email protected] and we'll discuss a plan. Let me know your ideas. Thanks for the opportunity to help.

Janie

Comment

Barb, thanks again for the update on Brian.

I do have a question for you. Keep in mind I am not an expert on ALS by no means. I know that the chances of Brian lasting until May are very slim at best and involentary body functions will fail. But with Brian knowing what the IRL teams are doing for him and ALS research it certainly is good medicine for him. I guess what I am asking is could there be a triumph of the human spirit over this dreadful disease for a short while so he could see this special month of May unfold?

Comment

Thanks for the update.

ALS is a horrible disease.

Keep the spirits up and realize there are a lot of us hoping for the best.

I think Sid Collins was afflicted with ALS.

Comment

Janie, I will contact you soon as I can...gotta scoot for now...but I do have an idea and really appreciate your interest. Can someone contact Steve Roggie and explain this to him also (just remind him that it was my brother-in-law who sold him extra tickets to last year's Indy 500).

Defender...you are so right. Sid Collins did have ALS but I think he ended his own life.....because of the disease. Am I correct about this....just shows the agony of this horrible disease.

grogg....I would be totally amazed if Brian made it to May...I would say there is no way...but then I am not the one who controls that!

Thanks to all. Will keep you posted and please to keep all of us in your prayers.

God bless!
                Barb

Cheever's still "My Guy"

Comment

Barb, thanks for the update, and continued blessings for you and the work you do.
                  We will continue to pray that Brian's last days will be filled with peace and contentment.
                  Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Thanks Barb, every time I see one of your posts l am almost afraid to click on, in fear that we have lost him. I hope he can hang on long enough to see the results of your wonderful efforts. I don't know people like you at Hospice can live with all that heartbreak, day in and day out. They did a wonderful job with my brother-in-law, and there were his young kids involved, it is still too sad to think about.

Comment

If I understand it, the stickers will be for the teams. If so, how about some sort of window or bumper sticker for the rest of us that are just fans, but would still like to help? Speaking only for myself, I would consider giving a donation considerably more than the price of a sticker. Of course I plan on doing that with or without a sticker. To me the sticker would just be a show of support.
                      Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Not knowing the logistics of making and distributing the decal/stickers I ask this question:

All the talk has focussed on May and the 500. (Obviously that is the pinnacle of all races.) What keeps these decals from being made and distributed in time for Homestead and used for the entire season? Brian then would have a better chance to see them and appreciate thier use.

Just a thought.
                        Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

lucky~
                          I'm wth you, friend. 220mph sent me a few "examples" he has created for the decale. They are so cool! He's really talented....they're beautiful. When I first saw them I thought the same thing you did....I would be so proud to display it in my car window, on my race cooler, my scanner, etc. I would very much like to purchase several of them with proceeds going to ALS Assoc. but would also like to reimburse 220mph for at least the materials and cost of production. I can also be sure that many, if not all, the staff of hospice would donate also and proudly display their decals.

Great idea, lucky.
                          Thanks!

Cheever's still "My Guy"

Comment

damilt~
                            That's a fantastic idea but I wonder if the car owners and sponsors would think it's a good idea.
                            What do you team members think?
                            But the idea of getting at least a few of them to Brian and his family
                            (and his nurse ) ASAP is a wonderful idea. If Brian could just see oe before he dies...that would make him feel so good!

Barb

Cheever's still "My Guy"

Comment

Barb

Feel free to share any of those with Brian and his family. See which, if any they like best.

For the rest here is a page with links:

"Brians Wish" sample logo's . . .

These are just a few "playin' around" ideas - open to any suggestions . . .

I believe that Fueler said he has someone that will do the decals, although the style I did requires a "graphic" capable decal printer.

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: 220mph ]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X