Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.O.T. "Speed Channel Debut"

Semi Off Topic

Howard and Lee Roy, you may not believe me, but this has nothing to do with bashing NASCAR, but the debut show airing at this moment on The Speed Channel is unquestionably the absolute WORST motorsports broadcast I have ever witnessed.

Why am I typing at the computer?

Cause I just couldn't watch it anymore.

GOOD GRIEF! It is beyond awful.

And, of course, that's just my opinion.
    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Been waiting for ol' DW to give me a tour of his "coach."

And meanwhile, they complain about the high price of racin'. But give up their "coach?" No way.

Comment

I agree. SpeedChannel is not getting off to a very good start. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I really enjoyed Speedvision.

BTW: I think this belongs on the SpeedChannel Forum.

Comment

1 - www.speedtv.com , which will be the new website for the channel and has just been a mirror of speedvision.com, is up and running and has a fully searchable schedule for 8 weeks ahead. speedvison.com is just, aparently, going to be left to die, w/o updates.

2 - the show you are seeing is special for Daytona. Much of SPEED Channel is built on a rerun and highlight schedule of the previous week's NASCAR events that obviously can't be done this week.

3 - you could be watching RM bash all form of motorsports, save one on ESPN.

Comment

Thank you SamC.

The fourteen of us openwheel fans that have access to Speedwhatever have already been treated to more CART promos than the mouse gave us during the last racing season.

Live practice and quals, I love it.

BTW, some of you night be interested in the driver lineup ESPN has on one of their tabloid shows this week:

http://espn.go.com/page2/tvlistings/unscripted.html

Where's Sam?
          "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Speedwhatever just ran a great 60 second F1 promo..

I love it!
            "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Well, personally, I can't stand to listen to DW's nonsense for very long. I watched the 7:59 PM "changeover", but soon turned it off after listening to ol' D-dub and Larry Mac for a couple of minutes.

But that said, I think the new Speed Channel is going to really be popular with all racing fans. I know, I know, some of us have to bash it to maintain our status in the "Too cool for NASCAR" club. But as Railbird said, we will probably see more racing now than ever before.

Don't know about the rest of you, but outside of the F1 broadcasts and the endurance races, I didn't watch much of Speedvision. I got it around this time last year, and personally, found if quite disappointing.
              DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Lee Roy, I hope you weren't referring to me in your "bash" comment.

Seriously, friend, it appears that NASCAR broadcasting just sunk to new lows tonight.

I doubt it's in the best interests of the sport reduce it to the equivalent of a highlight show featuring Hee Haw bloopers.

Lee Roy, it's bad.

REAL bad.
                "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

When I clicked on the TV guide, November 30, 2006, came up. Wow, that's planning ahead!
                  Ending a sentence with a preposition is something I will not put up with.

Comment

I saw a a add in my sports illustrated they had a picture of Helio Castroneves for there CART portion of the add

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X