Brayton Racing & TITW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brayton Racing & TITW

I stopped in at the Brayton Racing shop today. They are pretty pumped up about the performance of DeVries and thier showing at the Test In The West. I think they, unlike other sart-up teams, will hit the track running and be pretty respectable.
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Both Mack and deVries seem capable of holding their own with the big boys. I think people here were a bit too quick to trash them.

Scott Mayer, on the other hand...
    Quit whining. Enjoy the racing.

Comment

Yeah, and the TrackSideLive interview reveals they did it all with 2001 chassis and no update kits! Keep an eye on this team.
      Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

From what I saw in Phoenix, any failure will not be due to lack of effort or enthusiasm

I wish them well.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Mayer wont be driving
          thank god

but
          Devries sounds interesting and Mack???
          Im still not sold on Mack.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
            <STRONG>Mayer wont be driving
            thank god

but
            Devries sounds interesting and Mack???
            Im still not sold on Mack.</STRONG>
            Well, get solid on him Eric, he has done all that has been asked of him. He will now run at Phoenix for the IRL, I expect he will do fine.

Where did you hear that Mayer won't be approved?

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
              <STRONG>

Where did you hear that Mayer won't be approved?</STRONG>
              I have no inside info, but based on the timing and scoring results and the reports from the track, I'd be a bit surprised if he was approved. My guess is he'll be told to spend some time in the IPS series first. (If so, then the IPS is already serving a useful purpose.)

Comment

I was very impressed with the Brayton team at the TitW. They looked more profesional then more than a few other teams in Fontana.
                "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                Vice President, Marketing
                IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Mackie, don't look for Mayer to be driving real soon in the Bigs. The IRL suggested that he do more testing and practice in traffic.
                  I've got sources. I used to know a T-Shirt vendor at the Phoenix track.

Comment

Originally posted by indymotors:
                    <STRONG>Mackie, don't look for Mayer to be driving real soon in the Bigs. The IRL suggested that he do more testing and practice in traffic.</STRONG>
                    Thanks, that was my impression too. I also think that the IRL was looking for someone to say no to. Sadly, it cost the guy a lot of money to find out something he should have known. Still, it sends a message to others that the series won't "rubber stamp" anyone who can run 100 laps at reasonable speed without sticking it in the fence. PDM gave him a solid ride and his money's worth, it is a way that they keep the bills paid, it is an honest effort. I have to echo that CK said about Brayton, they showed me more then I thought they had. The only negative is that I can't find Pit Bull anywhere, the stuff is good, real good, it is tart, I like that! Besides, it leaves mouth feeling like I just brushed my teeth! I wonder why?

Comment

I prefer tangy over tart!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X