A very NICE Tony Stewart story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very NICE Tony Stewart story

It seems that Tony never gets good publicity as NASCAR looks to make him the villian for it's series. Here's the good side.

Bob Higman, at age 77, has some health problems that makes getting around difficult-he's been using a scooter, but it was about worn out and some people were trying to raise funds for a new one(They are very expensive).

Seems that our Tony came up with the jack out of his own pocket for Bob at the Chili Bowl, so Bob has a new scooter.

For those of you snooty people who don't know, Higman was a long time midget owner and nice guy that gave a lot of people their 1st rides, and helped a lot of guys over the years. While midget racing won't ever get Bob in the F-1 or CART hall of fame, he is one of those unforgettable characters who unlike many today, actually gave more to the sport than he ever took.

Good job, Mr. Stewart.
    "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Know what really sucks? When people judge your character based solely on how nicey-nice you are with the media.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

I agree. Nice job, Tony. I've always thought Tony's heart is in the right place. He just has an anger management problem. It makes him look bad. Look at what he's done for Danny Lasoski.
      "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Since when does being an intense competitor give you an anger management problem???????

Hey, if you had to hang around some of the schmucks in the media (remember Mr. Miller?) you'd get honked off too!

I'll admit, Tony's done some not so nice things behind the scenes, but for the most part he's a good guy and perhaps the most versatile driver on the planet right now.
        "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Sorry, Belanger. I like TS a LOT, but I have to call 'em as I see 'em. Makes Tony a lot like a young AJ in my book.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: ZenMan ]
          "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Actually Tony reminds me of a young Bob Knight who reminds me of AJ Foyt.

I love all three of 'em.

Its a boring world without the spice provided by those willing to be their own people, even to their own detriment.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
              <STRONG>Actually Tony reminds me of a young Bob Knight</STRONG>
              Come on, TD... Tony isn't that bad!

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: ZenMan ]

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan:
                <STRONG>Come on, TD... Tony isn't that bad!

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: ZenMan ]</STRONG>
                Neither is Bob.

Center Grove Trojans
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

TD, you shouldn't try to peddle that line to an old Purdue boy...

"What's he doing with that chair??!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan:
                    <STRONG>TD, you shouldn't try to peddle that line to an old Purdue boy...

"What's he doing with that chair??!!"</STRONG>
                    I know it will never sell to a Purdue fan, but Knight did nothing with the chair that Tony didn't do with his helmet, or whatever it was that he threw into another car.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I like a guy who isn't afraid to show his emotions.

This isn't the first really nice thing I've ever heard of Stewart doing.
                      DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                        <STRONG>

I know it will never sell to a Purdue fan, but Knight did nothing with the chair that Tony didn't do with his helmet, or whatever it was that he threw into another car.</STRONG>
                        If some brat kid that I gave a "free ride" in college to yelled "hey Nelson" at me, I would have done more to him then Knight did. The kid had it coming.

Comment

Tony Stewart is my guy, period...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                            <STRONG>Tony Stewart is my guy, period...</STRONG>
                            Hey, something Howard and I agree on completely.

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                              <STRONG>Tony Stewart is my guy, period...</STRONG>
                              I'm with you Howard.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X