X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bill simpson suing nascar

he wants 100 mill
    what the h*ll are you talking about sam !!!! bobby unser

I'm not suprised. I don't recall NASCAR teams looking for different belt makers.
    "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

Comment

Good for him!!! They, without directly sying so, blamed him, but never proved their case. They defamed him and, for all intents and purposes, cost him his company!
      The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Comment

GO BILL GO

Hope you rip em off for 100 mill and more Bill.

You go BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Comment

Let's hope the jury triples the damages or more. Then he could take his winnings and buy up a &%#@ load of ISC stock and start taking control of the series that ruined him. Talk about what peotic justice that would be.
          Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

All we hear is the safety police crying about it all the time about how no one can ever get hurt and how we have to do everything possible and more to see no one stubs thier toe. Well, where are those people now? Bill Simpson is a leader, maybe THE leader in safety technology and he needs all the friends he can get now. You would think all of the people who have benifitted from his efforts would have alot more to say, and publicy at that.

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: Dr. Austin ]
            I'm dead now.

Comment

Let's hope the jury triples the damages or more. Then he could take his winnings and buy up a &%#@ load of ISC stock and start taking control of the series that ruined him.
              $300,000,000 would give him enough to get 15% of ISC Class A stock. Hardly enough to take control.

But I do hope he wins.

Comment

ISC is a stock company that owns tracks. NASCAR is the sanctioning body and has almost no assets, other than copyrights to the name "NASCAR" and the TV contracts, which are pass throughs.

Even if Crazy Bill had a case, which he does not, there isn't any money for him to recover from.

Who would win an ego contest between Crazy Bill "my products are like me, perfect" Simpson and Robin "my opinions are straight from God" Miller?

Comment

Even if Crazy Bill had a case, which he does not, there isn't any money for him to recover from.
                  Nope, no money in NASCAR. Feel free to look around. Nothin' but odd change in the couch cushions. Just don't dig out out by the peach tree in back....

Comment

Yea, the France family is hurtin' something awful. Why, I bet they had to skip a weekend on the boat just pay the attorney to file an answer.

Originally posted by SamC:
                    <STRONG>ISC is a stock company that owns tracks. NASCAR is the sanctioning body and has almost no assets, other than copyrights to the name "NASCAR" and the TV contracts, which are pass throughs.

Who would win an ego contest between Crazy Bill "my products are like me, perfect" Simpson and Robin "my opinions are straight from God" Miller?</STRONG>
                    Peter Olivola ([email protected])
                    "Too dumb for opera
                    too smart for NASCAR"

Comment

Originally posted by SamC:
                      <STRONG>ISC is a stock company that owns tracks. NASCAR is the sanctioning body and has almost no assets, other than copyrights to the name "NASCAR" and the TV contracts, which are pass throughs.

Who would win an ego contest between Crazy Bill "my products are like me, perfect" Simpson and Robin "my opinions are straight from God" Miller?</STRONG>
                      he might not win money but he will get things on the table to prove he had nothing to do with it.and to show nascar is using him as an escape goat.

Comment

And no lawyer sues empty pockets.
                        "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

NASCAR may not have many assets, but it does have a very important item... revenue stream. Every item that is shown with the NASCAR logo, every official product of NASCAR, every piece of souvenir merchandise that has a NASCAR logo on it, generates a royalty that is paid to NASCAR, not ISC.

The payments may come in as nickles and dimes, but there are truckloads of them every day that get delivered to Daytona Beach.

Comment

This will be setteled out of court and no one will ever know how much NASCAR's pay him!
                            "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Fueler:
                              <STRONG>NASCAR may not have many assets, but it does have a very important item... revenue stream. Every item that is shown with the NASCAR logo, every official product of NASCAR, every piece of souvenir merchandise that has a NASCAR logo on it, generates a royalty that is paid to NASCAR, not ISC.

The payments may come in as nickles and dimes, but there are truckloads of them every day that get delivered to Daytona Beach.</STRONG>
                              Yep. The profits from the Weekly Racing Series alone are in the seven-figure range. Now work upwards from there.
                              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X