JohnK and RPM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnK and RPM...

John, I know I don't need to say this, but please don't let those on here who are riding you get to you. I and most on here(at least I hope it's the case) know that you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with RM either remaining on the show or being let go. You do a very good job and I appreciate the hard work that you do. Please keep it up!

RPM, you, on the other hand, do have some control over show content and what its personalities do and say. I wrote you before about RM's defamitory use of slurs against IRL fans. That's one of the main reasons he got fired from The Star(the arbitrator up held the firing and the reasoning). It's a well known FACT that he does it! So, with that said, how much longer do we have to put up with his insults and bias? Why is it so hard to tell him enough and reign in the [email protected]?! I know you have the power to do so! Ok, so you want to keep him on the show cause he can be sorta funny at times. At least do you job and stop the [email protected]!
    The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

If you really want to get rid of Robin Miller, here's how to do it:

There are many Nascar sponsors who advertise on RPM2Night. Make sure they see what Robin says about Nascar. (fixed races, 3,500 lb. toilets, etc.)

That should get somebody's attention.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

"That should get somebody's attention. "

I suspect NASCAR is aware of what goes on on RPM...

IRL Uber Alles!!

Comment

Enough of RM already. When he comes on RPM, just change the channel or turn the volume down until the end of his segment. Simple as that. If he gets to you, then he wins. Just consider the source.

Comment

Yeah...if NASCAR finds out, they won't let them in the track. They will have to do interviews from the parking lot.

Oh yeah...they already do that. I don't think that RPM2Night is on the minds of anybody from NASCAR let alone RM.

Get over it.

Comment

Just do like I do. Record RPM and use the Fast Forward button until you get to the Open Wheel stuff. As far as RM goes, he has the connections that knowone else has yet(except Janie and TLS that is.) Until someone else can get those connection and make their voice heard we are stuck with him. He has toned it down a bit....You can at least be thankfull for that.

Just remember...Any IRL info/news is better than none...and that's what you get from most newspapers!!!
            Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

I was going to post on this but my senses told me better. It's easy to get sucked into negativity on this subject. I got wrapped up in the one the other day that was bashing hdolan and I regret that I posted. Howard, I truly apologize for my post. I think I finally figured out where you are coming from and now that I've got you kinda figured out, I'm beginning to enjoy your posts. I read them and smile instead of getting agitated.
              Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Sorry everyone but Robin is not the antichrist. He is a very well connected reporter when it comes to owr. Personally I think he is very entertaining. Let's also remember that a lot of his predictions or scoops turn out to be true.

It's his job to generate a buzz and it appears he does a pretty good job of it.

Comment

Whopper IS Robin Miller.
                  I have spent more time here than I did in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                    <STRONG>There are many Nascar sponsors who advertise on RPM2Night. Make sure they see what Robin says about Nascar. (fixed races, 3,500 lb. toilets, etc.)</STRONG>
                    That's why I don't watch RPM2night anymore. Honest criticism I enjoy. Childish and unprofessional insults I can do without.

I don't want pablum, but I don't want the kind of crap that Miller spews either.
                    DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Geez. I used to be concerned about JK's feelings when he read RPM2Night threads on 7G. No longer!

The Whine & Cheese label has officially moved. It's under new management now.

Comment

I have to agree 100% with Lee Roy. I keep hearing people like JohnK claim we IRL fans don't like RPM2 because they cover NASCAR or because they cover CART. They claim we are upset because RPM2 doesn't cover just the IRL.

Well that is NOT the case. I expect RPM2 to cover NASCAR and even more so when Daytona is approaching. I expect RPM2 to cover CART, it is a major racing series with a number of fans seeking coverage.

What I and many of the IRL fans can't stand is Miller. As I and other have pointed out to JohnK many times. Go to ESPN and read the answers he writes to letters and then tell me he doesn't hate the IRL and insult the series and its fans. Then explain to me again why IRL fans would enjoy watching him refer to them as lemming on national TV.

Sorry JohnK you are wrong. IRL fans are not mad at RPM2, for mostly NASCAR coverage, or for some CART coverage, we are mad at RPM2 for ignoring our feelings and allowing Miller to have a national platform to attack and ridicule the IRL and now us.
                        Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Yeah well, Robin Miller, Jack Arute. What's the diff? Yeah Robin gets on TV more and Jack gets more columns on espn.com.

The big difference is that Robin rips both series (in case you haven't noticed). And if you think the major problem in open wheel racing is the lack of Robin Miller buy-in, you...well,,,you'd have to be insane to think that.

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: Maslo ]

Comment

Hey Tara, et.al, LAY OFF JOHN! He's not the problem. As a matter of fact, he does a darn good job! The critisizm of him is unjustified! As I said earlier(and it's evident none of you bothered to READ my original post), he doesn't control show content. The show is a MOTORSPORTS news and information program! Stop taking you dislike for RM out on him. I'd say write the show, but the way you all are carring on they wouldn't take you seriously, and for good reason. The show is only into it's second week back and it is Speedweek, therefore it's reasonable to assume that the majority of it is going to be NASCAR based. I would have liked to have seen a bit more video out of The Test in The West, but realistically, they only have so much time available and I'm willing to wait and see what happens next week with an IRL race coming up. So folks, take a deep breath, relax and get off John's back!
                            The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by HerbieIsHere:
                              <STRONG>Just do like I do. Record RPM and use the Fast Forward button until you get to the Open Wheel stuff. As far as RM goes, he has the connections that knowone else has yet(except Janie and TLS that is.) Until someone else can get those connection and make their voice heard we are stuck with him. He has toned it down a bit....You can at least be thankfull for that.

Just remember...Any IRL info/news is better than none...and that's what you get from most newspapers!!!</STRONG>
                              Horse Hocky, turn it all way off. If enough people do it, they MIGHT change they way that they do business. You turning down the volume or recording does absolutely NOTHING to try to rectify the situation.

It is not use fans getting agitated, that is the issue. It is the negative feedback he is providing the potential fans and ESPN SHOULD be concerned with that but are not.

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: BigFig ]
                              Gary Crossno

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X