No announcement yet.

We need to set the Indy Star straight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to set the Indy Star straight!

The following is the email I sent to the Indy Star.If you agree please email them at

[email protected] <[email protected]>and let them know .

Dear Sirs,

I am writing concerning this Sunday Star's special racing section .I have subscribed to the Star/News for 25 years and this was the poorest excuse for a special section I have ever read (Racing Preview). With this city being the home of open wheel racing and this really being a breakout year for the IRL it would seem to me that you would give it more coverage .

You have no problem at all covering tax supported sports such as the Colts and Pacers but give little coverage to the IRL.

More people come to this city for our auto races than any other sport and it seems to me that if you followed the IRL with the same coverage as the other two tax supported sports it would only be a positive to our city.

I don't really understand why NASCAR always gets top billing here and CART gets so much press we have never had a CART race in the state of Indiana ever. I realize NASCAR is popular here but the Indy 500 is still the race and the IRL is now the series.

If your paper had not continually slammed Tony George and the IRL maybe it wouldn't have taken people 6 years to see that what he was doing was in the best interest of open wheel racing and our fine city. If that is the best that you can do you should have just saved a tree and forgot the whole thing. Please keep this an Indianapolis newspaper not the USA TODAY Midwest edition.

Thank You,

Mike Gault (A Indianapolis Racing Fan)

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: INDYRED ]

Great job Red...I'm sure that'll straighten 'em right out...

PS: Ever hear of paragraphs...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X