rpm2night's bias????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm2night's bias????

after reading the complaints i went back and did a little research.

tuesday: 4:16 of irl content, :00 cart
    wednesday: 2:39 on test in west
    3:00 rm with irl news
    :00 cart content
    thursday: 2:46 irl content
    :26 andretti to 500 (cart?)
    friday: 2:01 irl test in west
    1:58 cart (tkg to indy 500)

btw 4:16 is four minutes, 16 seconds.

one other note, how can those of you who say you never watch the show make legitimate complaints?????

Good question JohnK I've been wondering about that myself
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

JK basically the fear and hate of CART is so deep, that any coverage by RPM tonight is considered a waste of airtime by most people here.
      And most will probably say that my reply is a waste of bandwidth.
      Hang in there JK it does get better at times.

Comment

Because they really do watch. Then they become so frustrated with the lack of coverage and Robin Miller that they come here to vent. I can't say as I blame them. NASCAR boots ESPN to the parking lot, ABC/ESPN signs a multi-year television contract with the IRL and RPM2Nite spends 80% of the time talking about NASCAR. Then Robin Miller spends the rest of the time telling us how ignorant we are to be fans of the IRL. My favorite line on RPM2Nite is "Welcome to Open Wheel Wednesday...but first (our standard 23 minutes of NASCAR).

Comment

Maybe John the IRL fans want to see a show covering just the IRL. I don't know. I can't complain because I never get to watch your show when it comes on. Use to watch the late night repeats.

Comment

Compared to the 22 minutes? of actual air time I find those numbers very small. But that in my opinion is not the real issue. The real issue is not the quanity of coverage its the quality of coverage. And Robin Miller does not provide quality coverage in most IRL fans minds and until you cut RM out of IRL coverage people will continue to complain. Why don't you have Jack Arute start doing all the CART coverage and see how the CART fans react

Comment

Originally posted by johnk:
              <STRONG>after reading the complaints i went back and did a little research.

tuesday: 4:16 of irl content, :00 cart
              wednesday: 2:39 on test in west
              3:00 rm with irl news
              :00 cart content
              thursday: 2:46 irl content
              :26 andretti to 500 (cart?)
              friday: 2:01 irl test in west
              1:58 cart (tkg to indy 500)

btw 4:16 is four minutes, 16 seconds.

one other note, how can those of you who say you never watch the show make legitimate complaints?????</STRONG>
              JohnK - if you have read any other threads then you are fully aware that there are several people here working with less than a full deck of cards, if you know what I mean.

I think you do an excellent job...there are some here that will boycott RPM at the very MENTION of the WORD CART. You just won't be able to please everyone all the time, so take comfort in the fact that you do please most rational people most of the time! The others just aren't worth your energy.

Keep up the good work!
              Support Mockery - Visit www.themockdock.com!

Comment

As they say, "you can't please all of the people all of the time".

Comment

Hear, hear, John...

While Robin does like to take his stabs at the IRL from time to time, he also takes a fair number of pot-shots at CART and NASCAR too...

Frankly Robin Miller is the one we all love to hate, so we eagerly await his bits on your show, if only to gripe about them the next day here at TF!

I guess that some folks around here, and I'm not totaly in disagrement with them, feel that because ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 only have two racing series (NHRA and IRL) to themselves, that your show should spend more time covering those series than is given to coverage of NASCAR and CART (which are on rival networks).

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: Jay J ]

Comment

"Because they really do watch. Then they become so frustrated with the lack of coverage and Robin Miller that they come here to vent. I can't say as I blame them. NASCAR boots ESPN to the parking lot, ABC/ESPN signs a multi-year television contract with the IRL and RPM2Nite spends 80% of the time talking about NASCAR. Then Robin Miller spends the rest of the time telling us how ignorant we are to be fans of the IRL. My favorite line on RPM2Nite is "Welcome to Open Wheel Wednesday...but first (our standard 23 minutes of NASCAR). "

Are you sure that your numbers are correct...
                    Keep up the good work Kernan...these guys pissed and moaned about Miller years ago when he was bashing CART, the only game in town at that time...

I think Miller is funny, not always accurate, but, funny...his CART info seems to be dead on most of the time...

If you didn't cover NASCAR you would be idiots...NASCAR is THE series, as we all know, in the United States...Jeff Gordon has a little more star power than all of open qwheel guys combined...looking forward to the show tonight...

PS: Don't bother to post stats...they mean little or nothing around here...

IRL Uber Alles!!

Comment

if rpm covered only the irl and the nhra, the audience would be limited. that's why it covers everything. everyone knows why nascar gets more coverage. plus, their season is getting underway. the irl still has about three weeks before it starts.

at the test in the west marlo spent most of the time doing long sit-down interviews with the drivers for upcoming feature stories that will air as the season opener approaches.

rpm2night will also be on location for the indy 500, and the week leading up to the irl's debut at michigan. scott goodyear is supposed to be available to us for irl analysis along with bob jenkins.

the season hasn't even started yet, so please be patient.

Comment

For me it's the 6:30 PM time slot. John Kernan or Dan Rather? Sorry, John but Dan wins everytime

Comment

dan's even more boring than i am.

Comment

Cmego's sympathies are well known as is his opinion of most of the members of this forum.

Unfortunately,Robin Miller seems to share those same views.Yes,he does criticize CART but he never questions their right to exist.He's on record as being totally against the IRL and he's written a number of pieces on ESPN's website expressing that view.This is recent stuff,not old news.If you didn't see it,you weren't looking.

Nearly all of the complaints about RPM's coverage of the IRL,stem from the use of Miller to report on IRL stories.If you want to believe that Miller represents unbiased journalism,your own credibility will suffer.

IRL fans don't want cheerleaders,or shouldn't anyway.But they would like IRL news reported by someone that at least isn't on record as being hostile to the league.I don't think that's too much to ask.
                            Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk:
                              <STRONG>rpm2night will also be on location for the indy 500, and the week leading up to the irl's debut at michigan. </STRONG>
                              I am glad to see that RPM2Night knows which two races are the most important on the IRL schedule!!!

See you at Indy AND Michigan!!

Just look for the geek in the IRL hat and shirt (yeah, that will narrow it down!).

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X