Walker to miss first two races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker to miss first two races

I heard that Walker will not be at Homestead or Phoenix and maybe longer if they don't get a sponsor.

That was reported on RPM last week...

Comment

all you can say to that
      is
      this sucks. youd think T George would help em out a little to get em through INDY at least.

Comment

If Sarah doesn't get an opportunity to drive in the IRL this year, I hope she at least can find a ride in the IPS.

Comment

After this (see bottom)...
          http://www.indyracingleague.com/press/story.php?id=380

Walker, Fisher receive award: Indy Racing team owner Derrick Walker and his driver, Sarah Fisher, were honored Jan. 31 in New York for being named to the Advertising Age “Marketing 100.”

The award, established in 1992, has recognized companies and brands that were “visionary marketers and the brands that left an impression on advertising.”

“Sharing the stage with some of the major corporations in the world for this type of achievement was quite exhilarating,” Walker said.

Other companies selected included Bayer, BMW, Dell Computer, Heineken, Nestle, Red Bull, Eli Lilly, Sony and UPS.

“We appreciate the support of Advertising Age and their recognition of our efforts in marketing,” Walker said. “Our company is differentiating itself in the motorsport industry by creating highly customized programs and taking them directly to target audiences. We present unique opportunities for companies to maximize impact in this field of international, technology-intensive, professional sports as a communication medium.”

It's ludicrous that this team can't find a primary.
          "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Are you sure Walker can't find a sponsor or is it that he can't find a sponsor who will shell out the kinds of bucks that a CART team is accustomed to getting? To many IRL teams, the money that Walker is (may be) getting offered would suit them just fine.

Comment

I heard she was getting help from some plastic surgeon.

Did that sponsorship not come through?
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I wonder if Walker has been running both teams off the money that Sarah did bring in
                SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
                  <STRONG>all you can say to that
                  is
                  this sucks. youd think T George would help em out a little to get em through INDY at least.</STRONG>
                  BiGirlFan?

Comment

nope
                    im not
                    Bigirlfan
                    been posting as Dreyerfan (and other names right dog ) Im not that dude sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring:
                      <STRONG>I wonder if Walker has been running both teams off the money that Sarah did bring in </STRONG>
                      Dog, I pondered that same thought.
                      Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

Obviously, the CART effort was run with Toyota money, and the IRL effort was run with leftover Toyota money, and what little money Walker was able to scrape together for Sarah.

That Kroger deal always looked squirrley last year (no sidepods at Indy during practice).

My question remains - how does Walker/Sarah win such a prestigous award for marketing, and still remain unsponsored?
                        "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                          <STRONG>I heard she was getting help from some plastic surgeon.

Did that sponsorship not come through?</STRONG>
                          With all the talk around here of this new "sponsor" of her's I am hoping that she will be interviewed soon so I can see what effect this "sponsor" had on her!

Comment

The rumor is not true - we just saw her last week, guys... I hope this won't come up again. I think someone at 7G has you for fools .
                            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

"Obviously, the CART effort was run with Toyota money, and the IRL effort was run with leftover Toyota money, and what little money Walker was able to scrape together for Sarah."

Thank you Matt. Walker's CART efforts have always been financed by engine suppliers buying rides for their favorite guys.

IMO, Derrick has worked his tail off to get funding for Sarah, it just hasn't happened for whatever reason. I've seen her tagging along with him at quite a few CART races the last two years.

He knows her value.

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: Railbird ]
                              "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X