Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance RedBull will..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any chance RedBull will..........

run 3 cars this weekend? Especially at what seems to be a such a difficult track. Or will they just let the 52 set and collect dust.
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

I'd bet Beechler will be at the track...

Just wanted to expand this thread out a little

Comment

Run it! There will be two races left after tommorrow and then the cars will be useless.
      There will be no shortage of young American studs walking around the paddock, so plug one in.

Best bet; go for the experienced, solid guy. I think that means Diz. I don't think there is enough time to get a rookie up to speed safely.
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

No way I'd run it this weekend.

Why run the risk of wadding the car up for one race when you can get potentially two races out of it if you give a driver a chance to get used to it.

How many drivers have their seats with them at the track?

Beech?
        PJ Jones?
        Kite?
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Too bad but I would guess the car sits. Danny Wheldon should have a Dallara seat in hand there though.
          Dan Schlosser
          Go fast, turn left !
          www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
          Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Truth Detector:

How many drivers have their seats with them at the track?"

If you are a serious professional looking for work, you ALWAYS bring your gear. You just never know when a spot will open. even if it is just for a race or so, it still gives you the opportunity to showcase yourself and provides another valueable commodity; seat time.
            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Doesn't Memo always take his seat with him? Or will he be in Montreal?
              IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

On the irl's page they reported that cheever moved rice to the 52 and pulled the 53 for this weekend.
                "The Indy 500 returned to its rightful place Sunday -- at the top of the racing heap. If you didn't notice, you just don't get it." MIKE BRUDENELL

Comment

Since this is likely to turn into bloody contractual litigation, my guess is that Cheever's legal position is enhanced by having the car sit in the garage.

But lets put Dave Steele in the car, anyway!

Or how about another tempermental road racer who wont stay around too long.

Or maybe REG, LLAMA OF BRIXTON!

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: manson ]
                  Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                    <STRONG>Too bad but I would guess the car sits. Danny Wheldon should have a Dallara seat in hand there though.</STRONG>
                    Mr Wheldon WILL be in a Panther car in two weeks at Chicagoland, and then at Texas.
                    "The guys on the IRL side went beyond fair. It would have been easy for either side to back out, but this time they wouldn't take 'no' for an answer."..... Jimmy Vasser on the merger.

Comment

Is there any chance RedBull will..........

move their sponsorship with Tomas and end up in CART next year?

Probably a good chance. Good luck to underacheever in looking for a new sponsor to replace Red Bull and Infiniti. He should have no problem though because of all the races the team has led. Oh wait, that was Tomas, Eddie hasn't done crap.

Comment

Originally posted by IRL Dan:
                        <STRONG>

Mr Wheldon WILL be in a Panther car in two weeks at Chicagoland, and then at Texas.</STRONG>
                        That was pretty much my point. He is ready to run, has a seat and has tested for Cheever.
                        Dan Schlosser
                        Go fast, turn left !
                        www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                        Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Originally posted by BADGER:
                          <STRONG>Is there any chance RedBull will..........

move their sponsorship with Tomas and end up in CART next year? </STRONG>

BADGER, I think Red Bull will be in the IRL next year. But they might be in CART, too. As far as Schunter driving in CART next year, I'd be surprised if this isn't already a done deal.
                          Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

move their sponsorship with Tomas and end up in CART next year?

Probably a good chance. Good luck to underacheever in looking for a new sponsor to replace Red Bull and Infiniti. He should have no problem though because of all the races the team has led. Oh wait, that was Tomas, Eddie hasn't done crap.</STRONG>
                            Give it up Badger. This is even below your normal standard!

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: PHJIndy ]
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

move their sponsorship with Tomas and end up in C-RAT next year? </STRONG>
                              Not if they posess firing synapses.

<STRONG>Good luck to underacheever in looking for a new sponsor to replace Red Bull and Infiniti. </STRONG>
                              Apparently Mr. Cheever is not one of your favorite drivers or owners.

I'd be willing to bet his sleeping patterns are not interrupted at night.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X