Good Press in STL Post Dispatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Press in STL Post Dispatch

Writer Cameron Hollway took a ride with Yeley in the two seater yesterday. Here's a couple exerpts from her article in the sports section:

"It's not that racing never appealed to me. Rather, I've had the same problem with open wheel racing as other American motor sports fans. Compared with NASCAR, the stock car series that has grown exponentially over the past several decades, other series seem boring, lacking in personality, and the cars just too weird for the average Joe to relate to.

They look like big go-carts, sound like souped-up egg beaters and are driven -mostly single file- by guys named Helio, Raul, Laurent and Airton. Give Americans a Ford and a Chevy trading paint, engines so loud you need earplugs in the infield and approachable drivers named Sterling, Buckshot and Dale and we're hooked."

She describes her two seat ride as a "Once in a lifetime experience".

She ends the article:

"I'll watch the Gateway IRL 250 on Sunday , and probably many more open-wheel races in the future."

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: trac-champ ]

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: trac-champ ]
    Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

The post has done a good job with coverage the last few days, but remember this is also the same newspaper that hacked up he IRL just a few short years ago (no coincidence with the Bud money right in town, eh?)

Interesting though the reporter echos a lot of fan concerns, is anyone listening?

Glad to see they enjoyed the ride.
    "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

I'm glad she had a good time, but I take
      offense to the sound comments. IRL engines
      are much louder than those of NASCAR, and if
      she wants to wear earplugs, then she should hit the drag strip.
      "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
      With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

Originally posted by trac-champ:
        <STRONG>"...and are driven -mostly single file...."
        </STRONG>
        Sounds like she's got us mixed up with those other guys!

Good article , though . Always room for another convert .
        “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
        I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
        I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Originally posted by jandj:
          <STRONG>

Sounds like she's got us mixed up with those other guys!
          </STRONG>
          Um, did you see most of Homestead, Phoenix, Nazareth, Pikes Peak or even Kentucky?

Texas, Michigan and Fontana are the raciest tracks on the schedule. The rest have some dicing but nothing really epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc P. Gregoire:
            <STRONG>

Um, did you see most of Homestead, Phoenix, Nazareth, Pikes Peak or even Kentucky?

Texas, Michigan and Fontana are the raciest tracks on the schedule. The rest have some dicing but nothing really epic.</STRONG>
            Yes , I've watched every race this year ( as well as every other race since '96 ). While all IRL races aren't like Texas , compared to the follow the leader Macy's Parade races the "other" series runs , I stand by my original comment .
            “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
            I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
            I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X