Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ganassi to be at Test In The West with two cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganassi to be at Test In The West with two cars.

From Speedvision.com:
    Junqueira and Brack will also be participating in the Fontana portion of the Indy Racing League’s Test in the West in February, but will not go to Phoenix due to the conflict with CART’s Sneak Preview testing at Laguna Seca.

The IRL effort will run the GForce/Chevrolet package with the engines built by Comptech. At the moment, the plan is to run just the two cars, but the team did manage to put four cars on the grid for last year’s 500.

"Our guys have been working that side very diligently," Hull said of the IRL plans. "We want to get the most out of it and we need to work very hard to ensure that we do." — Eric Mauk, News Bureau Editor, RACER

Good move. They are both familiar with Fontana so that will halp take one variable out. It also helps if they go back and run the IRL Fontana race. I think they will be more than ready to run Indy when May rolls around.

I would have to guess the 3 cars are for sure with Stewart. I bet a 4th car is a real good possibility for Gidley if he has not found a ride. Heck, might as well clean out the inventory right?

Comment

Anyone know if the Test in the West at Fontana will be open to the public?
      It might turn out to be a great event there... you'll see teams from the IRL along with CART teams bound for the 500.

Comment

If Ganassi does run the Fontana race with Rahal, that will be cool too.

Comment

I agree Bone. I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to see in the next few years the Triple Crown of Oval Racing back, with MIS, Fontana and Indy, with many cross over CART teams running the above. Put a lot of bucks into those races, and make it worth everyones efforts.

Comment

IndyJim-I agree about the triple crown and I have a gut feeling it may be yet this year and will be sponsored by Marlboro.

Also, I find it interesting that Chip will be there--combine this with him selling a ton of Cart stock and the Chicago track not doing well, change is in the air at TCGR
            All is well in the Champcar world (momentum, engines, schedule, attendance) unless you like racing ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Bone:
              <STRONG>Good move. They are both familiar with Fontana so that will halp take one variable out. It also helps if they go back and run the IRL Fontana race. I think they will be more than ready to run Indy when May rolls around.

I would have to guess the 3 cars are for sure with Stewart. I bet a 4th car is a real good possibility for Gidley if he has not found a ride. Heck, might as well clean out the inventory right?</STRONG>
              I think 220 can help me out on this but I don't think Chip has all 4 of his GForces from Indy still.

Comment

What about the rumors that Stewart may drive for Penske - if so, that opens up a Ganassi car...
                I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Don't know exactly what ol' Chipster has right now in "inventory".

The original deal as I understood it was that he owned two and leased two, with the leased chassis going back to G-force.

The Heritage "test mule" for the Herbert and Infiniti testing was one of the TCGR Indy chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by 220mph:
                    <STRONG>Don't know exactly what ol' Chipster has right now in "inventory". </STRONG>
                    Parts - He had more like 6 cars even though 2 were leased. If they had a couple screw-ups in practice he had cars ready to go.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X