Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT(Sorta) - Featherlite Trailer/Motor Homes in deep trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT(Sorta) - Featherlite Trailer/Motor Homes in deep trouble.

Featherlite(the company that makes almost everyone's race trailers and their custom motor homes is in deep financial troubles. They have orders that they can't fill because they can't get parts due to overdue accounts. They are hurting for credit. Some bad management decisions were made and they are paying for it......So some race teams may not get those new race trailers when they need them!!!!
    Zoooooooooooom!

Well, I tried to buy a trailer from them a couple of years ago. Granted, it was only a 28-footer, but hey, I was a customer, right? Couldn't ever get a salesperson to return my calls. Finally, the receptionist told me that her sales rep was MUCH TOO BUSY working with people buying large transporters, where they were pretty much the sole supplier.

Those days are gone. Others, like Wildside, Sooner, Concept, High Tech, and half a dozen others that I saw at PRI are putting out every bit as nice a transporter. Plus, the Vantare and Vogue coaches are in a **** of a competitive market. Too bad, so sad...
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

High Tech is in about the same financial condition, primarily because of the quality problems they have had. Much of their profits have been eaten up doing "make-goods" on work that wasn't done right the first time.

Sad situation.

Comment

Sooner trailers are good.
        "OWRS did not return phone calls."

Comment

Well, apparently here is something Tom Kelley did do right. His rigs are not Featherlite!
          Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

I think it's because of the Bush energy plan...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
              <STRONG>I think it's because of the Bush energy plan...</STRONG>
              I think that at least on the transporter side it is poor quality, one WC team I know is replacing two with ones from another company on quality issues alone, these units are less then two years old!

Comment

Originally posted by Fueler:
                <STRONG>High Tech is in about the same financial condition, primarily because of the quality </STRONG>
                Their factory is near me and from the activity there it doesn't look like they are hurting

Comment

Shouldn't this be on the Featherlite board?
                  (Beat you to it)
                  Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Isn't Featherlight in bankruptcy proceedings right now?
                    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
                      <STRONG>

I think that at least on the transporter side it is poor quality, one WC team I know is replacing two with ones from another company on quality issues alone, these units are less then two years old!</STRONG>
                      Mackie, are you thinking of Gibbs? At PRI, Wildside had Labonte's new hauler on display - shocked the crap out of me, I figured that Gibbs would be a solid Featherlite customer.

I am a bit partial to Wildside - I've raced with the owner a little bit. What's funny is that he'll park right next to one of his customers using a $100,000 toterhome rig - with his old Chevy dually and open trailer!

Wish I could afford one of his rigs...

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: Racewriter ]
                      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon:
                        <STRONG>

Their factory is near me and from the activity there it doesn't look like they are hurting</STRONG>
                        Napoleon- are you near Cresco, IA? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by starrcam:
                          <STRONG>

Napoleon- are you near Cresco, IA? Really? </STRONG>
                          Featherlite is near Cresco IA not HighTech.
                          Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

Originally posted by HerbieIsHere:
                            <STRONG>

Featherlite is near Cresco IA not HighTech.</STRONG>
                            Whoops, my bad. Not reading for comprehension today.

Comment

Hi- Tech is in Painesville, Ohio, about 1/3 of the way between Cleveland and the Pa border.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X