Don't Need RPM 2 Nite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Need RPM 2 Nite

With all the good NASCAR coverage on Speed Channel now, if RPM 2 Nite is going to continue to give us RM in front of a CART tent to give us IRL coverage, I don't need it.
    With Track Forum and TSL, I'll get my IRL info. other places.

Wake up RPM! The IRL is now the dominating series over CART and deserves better treatment!
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

I'm with you. I don't even waste my time with RPM2nite. You call that objective journalism. CNN and the other major news outlets learned the same lesson with Fox News. Slanted coverage doesn't work.

I hope you are reading this JohnK.
    God Bless America's Soldiers

Comment

Fox now has control over NASCAR, CART, and F1.

What if Fox locks down the highlights for all of them and rpm2nite can only show IRL and NHRA?

JohnK?

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Bone:
        <STRONG>Fox now has control over NASCAR, CART, and F1.

What if Fox locks down the highlights for all of them and rpm2nite can only show IRL and NHRA?

JohnK?</STRONG>
        That would just be terrible!!
        IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Originally posted by IndyIRLman:
          <STRONG>

That would just be terrible!! </STRONG>
          For JohnK

Comment

I'm not from the US, and I don't get CNN or CNN interbational, but I'd like to know in what way they're biased? I'm intrigued

I'm sure JohnK gets lots of feedback, saying, you're showing too much/too little of this, from fans of every series!

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Bone:
              <STRONG>Fox now has control over NASCAR, CART, and F1.

JohnK?</STRONG>
              Why would they lock down CART and F1 they are getting free promo on another network. With NASCAR they didn't need the promo and it helps their own shows to be the only ones with coverage. But since they have no nightly shows for CART or F1 it makes sense to let ESPN do the promotion for them.

That being said I am very disappointed in RPM's IRL coverage. I emailed them on it this morning.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

They actually went to the trouble of chasing down Tony Stewart at Volusia speedway last night (standing next to his sprintcar hauler) and failed to give any All Star sprintcar results/highlights of any kind!
                Unless they did it in the last 5 min. but by then I was fed up with the bubba interviews so I turned it over.

Comment

Originally posted by CrewChief:
                  <STRONG>Why would they lock down CART and F1 they are getting free promo on another network. With NASCAR they didn't need the promo and it helps their own shows to be the only ones with coverage. But since they have no nightly shows for CART or F1 it makes sense to let ESPN do the promotion for them.</STRONG>
                  Any dollar of rpm2night sponsorship Fox/speed channel can steal helps them out. It's all business.

Comment

I agree, RPM2 has lost me as well. I don't like Miller. I don't like his bias against the IRL. I get mad when I watch. So I don't watch.

JohnK if RPM2 wants people like me back they need to listen to our complains. I have no problem with Miller covering CART. I have a big problem with his coverage and comments on the IRL.
                    Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Robin Miller Was fired from the Indy star for many reasons. But one reason was due to derogatory remarks about Tony George. Tony George ownes the IMS and IRL. I will leave at that.

I am curious if Robin would still have a ESPN gig if he took jabs at Mr. France in the same fashion he has TG.

I think it is important that we understand that John Kernan is a man doing his job and I would like everyone to take him into consideration before blasting RPM. John does an excellent job.
                      Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

JohnK does an good job at the show. The management behind him does not. Giving voice to the stupid comments of RM is irresponsible and just bad business, judging by the test-patern-like ratings of RM's series.

For RPM to survive, it has to find a way to cover NASCAR in a responsible manner from the outside, cover and promote its business partners of the IRL and NHRA, cover F1 and everything else, and give CART the amount of time its relative ratings (0.5 in time-buy infomercials) deserve, relative to the time of year.

The comments of RM form no part of a responsible journalism opperation.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X