Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT--"Driven" nominated for movie award

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

And it just seems like a year ago, I was reading on various forums that "Driven" was going to do for CART what "Days of Thunder" (pardon me while I vomit) allegedly did for NASCAR.
    DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Driven does have a pretty good soundtrack.....

Watch the movie closely, when they are at the German race right before Memo's accident there is a scene where it is the Motorola car of Jimmy Bly, but the head shot that has been imposed into it is Beau Brandenberg.

I also like the scene at the end (Detroit Race)during the big wreck when you see the #6 Havoline car go over the railing into the lake, and in the very next scene they show #6 pulling into the pits!!!
      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy:
        <STRONG>And it just seems like a year ago, I was reading on various forums that "Driven" was going to do for CART what "Days of Thunder" (pardon me while I vomit) allegedly did for NASCAR.</STRONG>
        It did... that's the problem!

Comment

At first glace at the post's title, I was agape with disbelief. Then when I found out it was for the razzies, it made alot more sense. Yes, Driven deserves to win all the awards it is nominated for, but let's hope that "success" doesn't discourage other people from making more racing movies.

How about Jason Priestly in the sequel to "winning" with Frank Capua as his car owner? A really good Indianapolis 500 movie wouldn't hurt the IRL right now.
          I'm dead now.

Comment

Am I the only one who fell in love with the "love interest"? Man, she is a doll.

My 8 year old son loved the movie, if that means anything!

That crash scene where the one guy went up in the air, came down, got punted several hundred yards over some trees and into a pond was very believable?!

20 minutes later the rescue crews showed up.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X