Was I the only one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I the only one...

watching the Bud Shootout thinking how much more exciting an IRL race would be?

Man, that was about as boring as you can get. We need to get the IRL running at Daytona during speedweek as soon as possible.

Darn right. Hey, then maybe they can run IRL races at Atlanta, Charlotte and Dover, too. NASCAR won't know what hit them.
    DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

I actually thought it was pretty good for a plate race. It did wet my appetite to see the Indy cars run Daytona though.
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I liked it! I watched qualifying on Saturday and I noticed the bumps that they have to smoothed out before the IRL cars can run there.

Comment

If NASCAr get the bumps smooted out there, it would give them more head-aches regarding speed for their cars!

Daytona is a real bumpy racetrack from the looks of things

Comment

The competitors seem to like the new aero rules, anyway. But they sure stay in line for extended periods, which just puts me right out, like hypnosis or something.

Just doesn't make for exciting TV. Viewers will start tuning out. I'd be surprised if this current superspeedway package is the final one.

Comment

Originally posted by roadracer:
              <STRONG>The competitors seem to like the new aero rules, anyway. But they sure stay in line for extended periods, which just puts me right out, like hypnosis or something.

Just doesn't make for exciting TV. Viewers will start tuning out. I'd be surprised if this current superspeedway package is the final one.</STRONG>
              I liked this race better than the races from recent years, but I think you bring up a good point, people have become used to the way restrictor plate racing had become, and don't remember the days when there were only a few passes. I think NASCAR let this "plate" thing go on far too long.

The most positive things from the race yesterday was the fact that a single car can now pass, and that now it takes a good car to win, as opposed to a lucky move by nearly anyone.
              DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

I tried to watch the Shootout, but found other things on the tube more interesting. I did watch the last 20 laps, and my only thought was that I had seen 3 of the top 4 finishers run sprint cars at the Paragon Speedway.
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Yeah, I thought yesterday was pretty decent. Tony and Jeff were both able to pass on the outside by themselves, so that makes a heck of a difference. As plate races go, not bad...
                  "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

The biggest problem with these cars at Daytona would be getting the suspension (and the drivers) to handle all those lateral G's.

Now that we're upon an era of soft-revlimiters/cruise control/traction control it's a matter of:

1. Find the maximum load the suspensions (and drivers) can take
                    2. Find at what speed that limit occurs
                    3. Set the revlimiters to do a speed just below that

Really.. if IRL or CART decides to use variable revlimits for various tracks, then all the high banked Nascar tracks are reasonably doable.
                    motorcaster.com

Comment

Hey let's bash Winston Cup, the most watched racing series in the United States...we are so insecure about our series, we wish for teams from CART to prop us up.

My suggestion is this. If WC bores you so much, punch the remote. The IRL can only daydream of having the talent now found in WC, and they get paid.

By the way. A guy from South Africa, who has never seen an oval gets in an IRL machine and immediately is a threat speaks volumes. Either the talent in the IRL is weak, or, the cars are as Montoya said, easy enough for grandmas to drive...possibly both...

Comment

You know, I didn't even know it was on yesterday. It sure looks that TS fellow is getting off to a good start though.
                        RIP Sammich

Comment

First the NASCAR bashers complain that RP races have too much artificial passing.

Now, there is less passing (although still more than non-RP races) and the passing can be successfully done by a driver moving his car out to pass, not just by 5 guys drafting together. Now, they complain that it is boring because there isn't enough passing.
                          Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                            <STRONG>Hey let's bash Winston Cup, the most watched racing series in the United States...we are so insecure about our series, we wish for teams from CART to prop us up.

My suggestion is this. If WC bores you so much, punch the remote. The IRL can only daydream of having the talent now found in WC, and they get paid.

By the way. A guy from South Africa, who has never seen an oval gets in an IRL machine and immediately is a threat speaks volumes. Either the talent in the IRL is weak, or, the cars are as Montoya said, easy enough for grandmas to drive...possibly both...</STRONG>
                            Jeez, Howard, you are way, way too sensitive! Out of the ten posts that preceded yours, only three were critical of NASCAR, the rest were either complimentary or neutral. How 'bout growing a thicker skin?

Tell ya what: Next time there's a WC race on TV that fails to entertain me, I'll take your advice and switch the channel. Then, the next time you're watching an IRL race and one of those evil foreign ride-buyers is in the lead, you go out and play a round of golf, OK?

Sir, are you able to enjoy anything?!? :mad:
                            "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

<STRONG>
                              My suggestion is this. If WC bores you so much, punch the remote. The IRL can only daydream of having the talent now found in WC, and they get paid....</STRONG>
                              I didn't watch the Busch Clash because I dislike the restrictor plates too much. Having the entire field being one big freight train is not my style of racing.

<STRONG>
                              By the way. A guy from South Africa, who has never seen an oval gets in an IRL machine and immediately is a threat speaks volumes. Either the talent in the IRL is weak, or, the cars are as Montoya said, easy enough for grandmas to drive...possibly both...</STRONG>
                              The same could be said about Kevin Harvick last year when he won in only his third WC start. I've seen Jody take a year old CANAM Porsche and give that thing a ride like no one else. Tomas may be just a chip off the old block

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: grogg ]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X