Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun time!

Dear friends,

One of the good things about TF, is the capability to keep us entertained during the offseason. I remember two very good posts we had almost a year ago, and I would like to bring them back since we have around 1,000 new members, and I think this could be a good chance to have some fun knowing each other.

1) What do you do for living?
    2) Do you have IRL connections?
    3) How did you get your current nickname?

-----

My answers

1) I'm systems analyst for a multinational company (we only made some minor sponsorshhip last year in the IRL), I basically work with SAP

2) No, but I have a good friend who is very involved (and sometimes he tells me interesting things )

3) There was a time when I spent most of my free time on simracing games, I was a very good driver, but also had the knowledge to edit the games (new cars/tracks), so every time I showed something new, a friend said "you da man"

can't believe we're here for no reason, there must be something we can believe in

1)My employer says I'm a "Equipment Repair Technician , Sr.".I say I'm a mechanic.

2)My only IRL contacts are through people I've met here.

3)"jandj"-Both my wife's and my first name start with "j", we use that for 'Net ID.
    “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
    I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
    I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

1.) I design aircraft tooling. (and other aircraft-related stuff)

2.) A friend here at work is related to a (currently dormant) team owner, and allowed me to tag along a few times...fortunately, I've met some new friends that allow me to still hang around once in awhile.

3.) Some friends in college started out calling me "toothpick" but they soon shortened it to just "Pick".
      Just when you think everything is foolproof, you find a really talented fool.

Comment

1) I am currently working as a "Cost Estimator" for a company that manufactures parts for the Automotive Industry. A "Cost Estimator" is a fancy way of saying that I prepare quotations and am responsible for making sure that the parts we quote are at a good profit for the company!

2) I have no connections at all, but I wish I did! The closest I ever came to having a "connection" was back in 1993-1994 when at the company I was working for at the time we had a fellow who ran one of the satellite operations who was the assistant starter for Cart (Indycar at the time) and was also the starter for the Indy Lights series. He did provide me with some of those cool Indycar logo stickers, the ones with the helmet and a series of horizontal stripes, they were the same ones that were used on the Indy Cars at the time, and I had one on my 1992 Chevy S-10, which was cool! Of course my current truck, a 1999 Chevy S-10 has an IRL Bumper Sticker, a IRL Logo sticker on the back window, and an IRL license plate on the front! Anyway, I used to enjoy talking racing with him, and listening to his stories about the race weekends.

3) As far as my name goes, my wife and I were trying to come up with names for AOL instant messenger, and she suggested something with Indy in it for obvious reasons, so I just came up with "Indyracer" and added the "56" as that was the year I was born. I use the name pretty much everywhere on the 'net now.

Comment

1.) Tech support

2.) Not really, one of my best friends was close to the Walther family.

3.) Turbo Kawasaki Z1 "street fighter".110mph power wheelies, spins the rear tire @ 120mph+. Crew chief for a top gas bike, 8.20 index class. hoping to kick everyone's *** at the Texas shootout in Baytown TX this year.

This is the coolest message board on the web.
          Ape Man

Comment

1. I worked in engineering as a drafter/designer since 1960. I now work part-time driving semi-loads of U.S. Mail...it pays better.

2. No IRL connection. I'm actually more a fan of Tony George for his courage and foresight than I am of the series. I've been involved in sprint cars and supermodifieds for over 30 years as a designer, builder, owner, mechanic, and occasional driver. I ran slingshot dragsters before going roundy-round.

3. Several years ago I owned a sprint car and my choice for driver had his own deal going so I decided to drive it myself. I hadn't been in a race car for 19 years and I won the first time out. Some of the younger guys who I'd been trying to give advice to and who thought I was perhaps blowing smoke started calling me "Johnny Fast" after that night. A short time later I did a small favor for a friend's wife and she told everyone at the coffee shop that I was "sweet". Well...it's been "Sweet Johnny Fast" ever since.

SJFast

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: SJFast ]
            "It's not the split, it's not the lack of marketing, it's not the days the races run on, it's the product." Tommy Kendall

"....and the DRIVERS are the product !" SJFast

Comment

Originally posted by DaMan:
              <STRONG>
              </STRONG>
              1) I work in technology policy for a major DC-based business association.

2) None.

3) From the school I shared with Peter Revson, Teddy Mayer, Cameron Argetsinger, Rob Dyson, and Mike Borkowski. (Which one of these is not like the others?)

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: bigred ]

Comment

Originally posted by DaMan:
                <STRONG>
                1) What do you do for living?</STRONG>
                I teach chemistry at a small university.
                <STRONG>
                2) Do you have IRL connections?</STRONG>
                No. I live in Speedway and for a time was the Chair of the Board of the IRL Crew fan organization. I have met many of the IRL principals, but would not say that I have "connections."
                <STRONG>
                </STRONG>
                See my answer to #1. On the old SpeedNet forum (MSRIP) you were supposed to give a name and e-mail address to post. I made up the Professor Joe and put [email protected] as my e-mail address. The rest is history.

Professor Joe
                Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

1) I work in the risk management department for a large party claims administrator.

2) No IRL contacts, just a long time indy car fan, only missed 2 Indy 500's since I was six back in 1969, my dad used to help crew on the Lindsey Hopkins teams of the 70's (volunteer).

3) I just picked the name, my name is Jim and it is all about Indy.

Comment

I am a Production Manager for an ENR top 500 A/E firm. I prepare Employee Development Plans, provide workload projections and manage task assignments, and build and review Process Flow Models, all in the interest of focusing talent skills and resources on client solutions. I work with very cool people for an awesome company that indulges my passion for racing which includes the IRL, CART, and F1. I guess my (attempted) refusal to villify the bold and brave who provide my favorite sport confuses everybody .

Strictly an amateur, and I readily cop to all the failings and foibles that implies. Being a lifelong fan in The Motorsports Capital does afford insight that I'm willing to share, if it helps folks to be happy and excited fans, but I always gain much more here than I have to offer.

I chose it anticipation of where I thought I'd be for the first USGP at Indy- as it turned out, my seats were "in the wet" at the apex of T1 Not being a grizzled net vet at the time, I also wanted to show some support for a poster at 7G named "e stand", whom I perceived as trying valiantly to remain civil while heinously beseiged .
                    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

1. work at airport as a manager, and p/t with team.
                      2. cahill racing-rr tire. A few other connections with some other teams.
                      3. I shave my head, and so does the lr tire.
                      so my name in baldy one on the team. Make it short B1.

Comment

1. I am a budget analyst for a small federal agency. Not going to say which one (nothing sinister or secret, just don't want to say), but if I mentioned what it does, you would approve.

2. No connections whatever. I just like "Indy-Car" racing, as well as NASCAR and F1.

3. My father-in-law nicknames everyone, but only uses two different names: "Lee Roy" and "John". I was designated "Lee Roy". Didn't mind since my first sports hero was Lee Roy Yarbrough and I had an Uncle Lee Roy of whom I was extremely fond.
                        DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

I own a software development and technology consulting business

None to speak of.

Boy. You attend one driving school and you drag around their criticism forever.

Comment

I'm the IT Coordinator for a Credit Union just outside Reading, PA

Not Really, My dad knew a lot of the guys that drove and worked on the cars back in the 50's but nothing other then that.

Needed a name on SpeedNet back a few years and at the time I had a webpage were I wrote a opinion piece under the name CrewChief

Is it May yet ?

Comment

1- I design fancy metal bumps

2- I know a few people

3- I picked my name after a year where I supplied 29 0f the 33 starters at Indy.
                              "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                              Vice President, Marketing
                              IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X