Car & Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car & Driver

February issue. Starts on page 114. Not included in the parts they give away free on their website.

Hard-hitting, honest, and in need of being said.

Buy a copy.

Originally posted by SamC:
    <STRONG>February issue. Starts on page 114. Not included in the parts they give away free on their website.

Hard-hitting, honest, and in need of being said.

Buy a copy.</STRONG>
    Ya know, if TF created a BASH CART forum, 2/3 of the posts here would disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Invader Zim:
      <STRONG>

Ya know, if TF created a BASH CART forum, 2/3 of the posts here would disappear. </STRONG>
      Perhaps you'll find this more to your liking:
      http://www.seventhgear.com
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

<STRONG>

Ya know, if TF created a BASH CART forum, 2/3 of the posts here would disappear. </STRONG>
        What would it take to get you to go to the CART side of this forum IZ, where you would be much happier. CART doesn't need you to be it's self-appointed counter-basher, or defender. Most of their recent actions have rendered them virtually defenseless anyway.

Comment

You guys are like someone who claims he is over his last girlfriend and then does nothing but talk and b**** about her all the time. That was my point. I wasn't defending CART.

Am I the only one that notices that most posts have some mention of CART in them?

Geez, let it go guys....

Comment

<STRONG>Geez, let it go guys....</STRONG>
            Heal thyself, doctor.

Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Somehow I see SamC scampering from store to store snapping up all of this month's C&Ds trying to create his own little sales bump....
              "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Well, I was gonna do that, but I'm awfully busy these days trying to statistically skew internet polls...I forget, how do you delete cookies?

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Turn13 ]
                "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Darn it, two beers and I typo my smilie. Cut me off!
                  "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                  ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

In case I don't get to the newstand, who can give me the Cliff Notes version?

Comment

I read it the other day and started a thread on 7g about it. I questioned whether or not there had been serious bad blood between C&D and CART.

Most of the 7G replies agreed that the article, though critical, was factual containing valid points.

You really just have to read the article to get the full impact.

One gem will remain with me though. A unnamed CART team owner or member complained that CART couldn't sell kitty on a troop ship. Politics aside, I thought that was pretty funny.

"You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

<STRONG>

You should give speednet a try, you would fit right in. If only the IRL posts were there it would be about 20% full compared to what it is now and worth visiting for an IRL fan.
                        "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                        "They're criminals"
                        "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mackie:
                          [QB]

Most of their recent actions (CART) have rendered them virtually defenseless anyway."

BADDA BING, Mackie!!!!!!

The waves are the best when the tide is changing. Surf's up!
                          I'm dead now.

Comment

Originally posted by Defender:
                            <STRONG>In case I don't get to the newstand, who can give me the Cliff Notes version?</STRONG>
                            THEME: CART is mis-managed. The IRL is making it, CART is dying.

ENGINES: Section about the engine spec and "manufacturers" leaving. Nothing you didn't know, but a nice summary.

STOCK and BUSINESS: RPM stock price is $12/share w/ 14.7M shares outstanding and has a $120M cash reserve from the original stock swindle. Heitzler went to the George O'Leary school of resume writting. Section on the unreasonable demands for sanction fees and the Texas fiasco.

TV: Big section on the TV "deal". Great qoutes from lots of people, generally dumb spin from BRahal. Cost per TV rating point for NASCAR remains a reasonable $75K/point, CART is pretty much zero since it gets ratings that are "similar to a test patern". CART insults ESPN with rediculious demands. IRL sponsorship is worth $1.2M in TV ratings alone, CART is worth 750K ASSUMING it actually is on TV, which is still not a sure thing. Theme is that Forsythe, Grosfeld, and Vannini will buy up most of the stock and take the "company" private again.

CONCLUSION: Words like "infomercial", "out of business" and "toilet" are used. The spectre of the SEC and stock manipulation are out there.

Comment

Here's a link if you want to read it for yourself.

C&D Article

If the link doesn't work, just go to www.caranddriver.com and click on "Other Features". Right side of the page.

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: KnockOff ]
                              "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X