Indy vs Daytona II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy vs Daytona II

I find it interesting that many on this forum feel the need to compare/contrast the two races...I suspect it is an attempt to convince some that the IRL is really OK...it really is you know...

Facts are these. The 500 is a well established event as is Daytona. Three young great race drivers competed today at Daytona. The IRL is still searching for recognition, even with the background of Indianapolis.

I have stated before, and I will state it again: "The Indianapolis 500 is arguably the greatest race in the world."

In my opinion, the only other race that could be argued as being the "greatest" is the Le Mans 24 hour race.

Other great races are the Daytona 500, the NHRA Nationals & Winternationals, Sebring, the Monaco F1 race & many of the other older European F1 races, and the Baja 1000.

That said, I often wonder why the folk who continue to compare the Indy 500 with the Daytona 500, don't compare the Indy 500 with the Le Mans 24 and the other great races of the world?
    DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Sportscars generate little interest outside lemans,

F1 & NASCAR are able to races, whereeach race have huge following both in the stands and on TV.

I don't think F1,NASCAR rely on freewheeling their main event to the extent that Indycars do

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: The Beer Baron ]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X