Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPM 2 NITE poor IRL coverage, I get better coverage here at TrackForum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM 2 NITE poor IRL coverage, I get better coverage here at TrackForum!

Why is the IRL covered so poorly on when it is ABC's main series? Nascar and Cart are covered more and they are broadcasted from other stations. They might as well advertise what channel they're on also and make sure no one watches your own coverage of the IRL. This doesn't make any sense. It seems this show always tries to keep the IRL in the shadow especially with Robin Miller's pro CART views. Why would you even have someone on your show that does no good for it? For some reason I don't think the top executives know what's going on. ABC is in the business for making money. So who the **** is runnin the show, a CART fan?
    It only matters if you think it matters. - Klicky

I think you got it, Sherlock

But make that an "anti-IRL fan" is running the show. I'm a CART fan, fer cryin' out loud.

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Turn13 ]
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

So far I have to agree. Track Forum, Janie's Inside Racing and Oval Track News have alot more information than ESPN. I would hope that as the season gets into "6th gear" (pretty good for someone who knows zilch about motors )....the quality and quantity both improves and increases.

Barb (aka:"AB")
      In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

Mea culpa! Mea culpa!
        I am so sorry! I made a HUGE error by not specifically mentioning Trackside Live with the above mentioned group of elite reporters of IRL!

AB
        In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

rpm today was pathetic, they spent 30 seconds on the irl , and 5 minutes with cart trying to justify it's existence.
          It's a brand new day.

Comment

so quit watching.....thats what i did.....why support forums who arent supporting the irl? there is no reason.

in the words of sir anthony hopkins in legends of the fall: "SCREW'EM!!"
            Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

Heath, I figure that's like not voting in political elections. If there were another program that had better coverage, I'd "vote" for it with my viewership. Since there isn't, I prefer to remain enfranchised and "vote" with feedback.
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

In fact, I just watched the replay, and now I'm doubly convinced

Brian's Wish

Comment

1. The IRL is the survivor...no major stories right now...

2. CART may be in its last season...big story

3. Daytona is next week...major race

4. The IRL will get its fair share of coverage...

Comment

Did anyone notice that RM slipped in his customary "CART is the best racing on earth" comment? It's evident that being on the CART payroll has not hurt his situation at RPM. I will not be watching RPM again until he is removed!!! I only watched last night to see something about Test in the West, and what coverage there was was pitiful.
                    I did notice that the Homestead race was publicized during the supercross telecast from the Hoosier (RCA) Dome. It was good to see that at least.
                    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                      <STRONG>1. The IRL is the survivor...no major stories right now...

2. CART may be in its last season...big story

3. Daytona is next week...major race

4. The IRL will get its fair share of coverage...</STRONG>
                      Precisely.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X