What totally sucks is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What totally sucks is...

... when rpm2night's coverage of the IRL takes place with Robin Miller standing in frot of the CART tent.

Gimme a break...

"We're pretty sure Tony's paying his salary..."

Oh, I thought it was a fact a year ago?

No decent footage for the fourth night in a row- even though the cameras are there rolling. No interviews, nothing hardly but "how do CART teams figure in?"

Totally sucks. I blame the producers. IRL sponsors are being ripped off. The IRL is being ripped off.

One good thing, Robin seems to have little to say to criticize. Got that finger in the air at all times, to show him which way the money's blowing.

Sorry, johnk, but what else can one say?
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

When we have sponsors with clout this will no longer happen.
    It's embarrasing but an indicator of our current status.
    carl s
    Indio, CA
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Why is the IRL covered so poorly on when it is ABC's main series? Nascar and Cart are covered more and they are broadcasted from other stations. They might as well advertise what channel they're on also and make sure no one watches your own coverage of the IRL. This doesn't make any sense. It seems this show always tries to keep the IRL in the shadow especially with Robin Miller's pro CART views. Why would you even have someone on your show that does no good for it? For some reason I don't think the top executives know what's going on. ABC is in the business for making money. So who the **** is runnin the show, a CART fan?
      It only matters if you think it matters. - Klicky

Comment

A little email can have an impact...

Comment

Aren't we a little used to biased news coverage after the Clinton years?

And if Robin Miller keeps it up, even the CART fans will see how partisan he is. I don't know what ABC is thinking. They are making an enormous investment in the IRL, but on a sister network, Miller is just bashing away. What is ABC thinking? Are they comitted to the IRL or not? It's one thing if they want to have ESPN provide fair and balanced coverage. That is fine and well and what we would all like to see. But Miller is undermining ABC's IRL coverage while on a network that ABC owns! Is it possible that the people making the decisions high up know so little about racing that they don't even know the difference?

With Miller on ESPN, ABC is paying someone to be counterproductive to their IRL ratings. Maybe I don't inderstand it all. Am I missing something?
          I'm dead now.

Comment

I think so. There's an "email this thread to a friend" button at the top of the page.

The network is spending money to go to TITW- they do the work in the field. The problem seems to arise in "the packaging and presentation".

They'd better shake it up now- they just blew a great opportunity with the TITW.
            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Oh, my, Indyracin'! I wrote my post and put it up, came back and saw yours. I can't believe how much we were saying the same thing. Maybe I'm not so confused afterall.
              I'm dead now.

Comment

....though I have noticed a little improvement in the last year with Indy Racing coverage on RPM2night, it still woefully lacks in so many areas.

I must admit that I'm no longer a viewer that clears my evening every night for RPM2night. Between them being 'locked-out' of NASCAR tracks, combined with the minimal IRL coverage and most importantly, letting Robin Miller report/comment/mislead on the IRL :mad:, I have found that I'm better informed through TSL!!
                ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

And carl s, yes, you are correct, sir.

But I also believe that the network should be a partner in helping make that circumstance happen. There's a lot of broadcast industry people anxiously sending out resumes these days.

Brian's Wish

Comment

Please note that I was complimentary earlier on Robin's "neutral" reporting a few days ago... although even then I encouraged them to provide some footage and interviews.

As noted, Robin's speculation is really not news, it's just the lame opportunity for spin and commentary.

Brian's Wish

Comment

I'll send this thread to the proper person
                      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

On its way!
                        SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I'll watch the show again when Robin Miller is no longer on it.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I have sent email to Rpm2Night and it has fallen on deft ears. It's too bad this was my favorite show on TV and a show I planned my day around.

So far this year I have seen Rpm2Night once. I saw Robin Miller commenting on the IRL and I figured that nothing had changed so Rpm2Night will not have me as a regular viewer again this year.
                            I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

I'm not so sure why everyone continued to get all excited when CART left ABC and JohnK said RPM2nite was staying around.

ABC/ESPN does not care. All they care about is NASCAR and even the fact that they have exclusive open wheel coverage of the IRL does not help.

Things will not change.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X