Thursday night history class..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday night history class..

Between 6 and 7 pm until they throw us out.

expect a pop quiz...

Tomorrow night should be interesting one way or the other. Brenda has been working with, against, and around some of the IMS bureaucracy in an attempt to get more material. She is trying to get some the longer films transfered to tapes she can use. These would be 90 to 120 minutes covering one year.

We shall see.

If nothing else I think I am going to suggest bringing out a few of the tapes we watched the first week. These were old eastern sprint and dirt cars from the 50/60 era at places like Reading, William Grove, Langhorne, and Trenton both paved and dirt. Drivers like Hinnerschitz, Larson, Johnny Thompson, and a skinny Foyt throw rooster tails and hook ruts back when men were men..

Fun stuff in black and white.
    "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Now that is what I call MUST SEE TV!!!
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Hey, 'Bird: the effort you've put into this behind the scenes is awesome. Before too long we should have some of the oft-requested TF logo shirts and hats to pass around. Tomorrow night is just a bit too soon though- stay tuned, race fans...

ps- and thank you Brenda, too, and Mike at the bar, and the glamorous Barb (both of them)!!

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Turn13 ]
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X