Do you as an IRL fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you as an IRL fan...

want Mr. George to add road courses to the IRL in the future? Why or why not?
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

No

Comment

NO
      Because Ovals Rule!
      If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

No
        "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

We answer this question at least once a week, it seems.
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
          Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Yes...Watkins Glen, Cleveland, the F1 course at Indy..

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy:
              <STRONG>We answer this question at least once a week, it seems.
              NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!</STRONG>
              I have seen threads that said that TG would consider it in the future. Maybe I just thought he might check Trackforum out sometime and see that it is not wanted.
              IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

also I just wanted to see if there are some IRL fans that would like it
                IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

No
                  Dan Schlosser
                  Go fast, turn left !
                  www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                  Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Sure. One dirt mile for every road course, and I'll be OK with it...
                    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

No right turns! When F-1 adds an oval we might think about it.

Comment

Two at the very most, just like Nascar. Watkins Glen and Cleveland would be my choices as well.

Comment

I'd go with Indianapolis500's selections, but maybe with an alternate for Cleveland. Bad blood, and I don't find the venue as attractive as many have said.

One or two would be fine, if it could be proved to be fiscally good for the League. I certainly don't think it's necessary to fulfill any racing requirements- there are plenty of other outlets for good road racing- the IRL is the only place for outstanding oval racing.

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Turn13 ]
                          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

If you're going to insist on no more than two(if any), I'd say "NO", also.

Comment

Add the Milwaukee Mile to Cleveland and the Glen and you have a perfect 18 race schedule.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X