Unser says he's an IRL driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unser says he's an IRL driver

In the article about being added to IROC the quotes from Unser certainly suggest that he views himself as an IRL driver. On the other hand, Scott Goodyear drove in IROC the year after he got booted from Panther.

Don't read too much into that comment. The deal with IROC is that you are invited because of your performance the year before (in theory anyway). That's why Dale Jr. was the BGN representative in 2000 even though he wasn't running a BGN car that year.

By default that makes Unser an IRL driver.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed:
      <STRONG>Don't read too much into that comment. The deal with IROC is that you are invited because of your performance the year before (in theory anyway). That's why Dale Jr. was the BGN representative in 2000 even though he wasn't running a BGN car that year.

By default that makes Unser an IRL driver.</STRONG>
      So is Castroneves representing CART or the IRL? Or the Indy 500?
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

IROC, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler:
          <STRONG>

So is Castroneves representing CART or the IRL? Or the Indy 500?</STRONG>
          If they are consistent (big if ), he's representing CART as their champion.
          "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

When was Helio Castro Nevestheir Champion?
            Born Again Race Fan seen at
            www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

HCN will light up the IROC, the NASCAR guys will take to him without a problem, he may even get to "climp a fence," in a year or two! He belongs in IROC. No one is in IROC the year representing CART. HCN is in as the defending Indy 500 winner, and is mentioned as being an IRL driver.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Mackie ]

Comment

IROC is a total joke. It proves nothing. All oval racing in stock cars, sounds familier.

Comment

If IROC proves nothing, then why is it always won by the best driver out there?

Comment

Thats funny, I never remember Senna winning one of those races.
                    Brian W Keske
                    bwkdesign.wordpress.com

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
                    -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by bkeske:
                      <STRONG>Thats funny, I never remember Senna winning one of those races.</STRONG>
                      Foyt would have kicked Senna's azz.
                      "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                      Vice President, Marketing
                      IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Uh huh. Sure.....

Oh,... you mean in the pits after he lapped AJ 3 times
                        Brian W Keske
                        bwkdesign.wordpress.com

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
                        -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Better watch it. I got AJ's phone number, and I'll call him up and tell him you said he couldn't beat some furrner named Senna. He'll come hit you with his lap top.
                          "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                          Vice President, Marketing
                          IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Originally posted by bobolinski:
                            <STRONG>If IROC proves nothing, then why is it always won by the best driver out there?</STRONG>
                            Best Driver???
                            I guess if you consider the Nascar guys the best drivers because they win driving stock cars and on mostly Nascar tracks, you might be on to something Sherlock.
                            But if those guys were put in open wheel cars driving on road courses or even ovals they would look very silly as backmarkers.
                            In theory IROC sounds nice but in reality, its a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by bkeske:
                              <STRONG>Thats funny, I never remember Senna winning one of those races.</STRONG>
                              Nope, but I remember Niki Lauda at least being in one.

Race of Champions? Whatever...

And, all due respect to the formidable Texan, but with both drivers in their prime, I think Senna could have taken AJ. Foyt would have kicked Schumacher's a$$, though.
                              Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X