Remaining photos for TITW are up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaining photos for TITW are up!

Just an FYI..the remaining photos from the 2002 Test in the West held at Phoenix International Raceway are up.

Test in the West-Phoenix Photos

Enjoy!

Do you or anyone else have any insight as to how Artemis organizes the images? Basically I would like to know how not to miss any images without having to load each page on each visit to the site. The way IndyRacing.com used to do it was very easy to look at the latest images for each day of on track action.
    "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
    the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
    -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

For those with simple web access or WebTV, artemis will not work. It's safe to say that many out there are unable to view the photos.
      Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WhirlinGraphics:
        <STRONG>Do you or anyone else have any insight as to how Artemis organizes the images? Basically I would like to know how not to miss any images without having to load each page on each visit to the site. The way IndyRacing.com used to do it was very easy to look at the latest images for each day of on track action.</STRONG>
        Great suggestion and we will be changing how the new photos will be posted once the season starts. I agree with you, the latest and best images need to visible first. This will be changed shortly and all of us at Artemis are sorry that this was difficult for you.

Hopefully, it was beneficial to have such a broad selection of archival quality photographs that now can be searched with key words and collections. Let me know additional thoughts on how to improve the site for people like you..the race fan.

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: ecat ]

Comment

Thumb's up to the Artemis bunch.

One of the best deliveries of customer service I've ever experienced.

Do some business with these folks!
          "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank:
            <STRONG>For those with simple web access or WebTV, artemis will not work. It's safe to say that many out there are unable to view the photos.</STRONG>
            Grinder-Tank...this is a difficult one. We monitor who and how people find us and after what was a record week in web traffic for www.indyracing.com and for us we have to ask certain questions. For example, with record numbers hitting the site, do we downgrade the viewing, the ability to see the images for the handful of people that hit the site that have webtv? (It was the lowest traffic based on the browsers used to access the site and in a huge traffic week I can tell you that it was less than 70 hits...that's it. I would bet that you are several of those hits if you tried the site a few different times)

I don't know the perfect answer other than to tell the truth and that I am sorry. I know it is not what you want to hear, but I would also imagine that Artemis is not the only site (especially those with graphics) that you may have trouble with. I have spoken to our development staff about this and there is no real solution. It is a WebTV issue...I'll post another reply with the "technical explanation" as soon as I get it from our developer's.

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: ecat ]

Comment

ecat is THE woman at Artemis. SHE may also have some solutions to help the Schneider Media Group deliver their attractive-but-intensively-graphic website designs more efficiently. Thanks, ecat!

and thanks, IndyMichael, for clueing me in !

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Turn13 ]
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
              ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by ecat:
                <STRONG>Great suggestion and we will be changing how the new photos will be posted once the season starts.......

......Hopefully, it was beneficial to have such a broad selection of archival quality photographs that now can be searched with key words and collections. Let me know additional thoughts on how to improve the site for people like you..the race fan.</STRONG>
                ecat, thanks for the reply! Glad I could help out in a small way to the improvement of Artemis Images. In the near future I hope to be in a position to purchase a considerable amount of prints from the website.
                "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Originally posted by WhirlinGraphics:
                  <STRONG>Do you or anyone else have any insight as to how Artemis organizes the images? Basically I would like to know how not to miss any images without having to load each page on each visit to the site. The way IndyRacing.com used to do it was very easy to look at the latest images for each day of on track action.</STRONG>
                  WhirlinGraphics...I think I may have found a "WhirlinWorkaround" (I just had too... ) regarding searching for the latest photos. Simply type in the date in the "fast photo search" and it brings up the specific images as they relate to the day that you are looking for. For example, type in "february 6, 2002" and you will get back the results just for that day during Test in the West. Watch your spacing as it has to be exact.

Again...this function will be MUCH better by the time race season officially starts. (I guess that means that photo companies need testing days too... )

Hope that helps for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13:
                    <STRONG>ecat is THE woman at Artemis. SHE may also have some solutions to help the Schneider Media Group deliver their attractive-but-intensively-graphic website designs more efficiently. Thanks, ecat!

and thanks, IndyMichael, for clueing me in !

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Turn13 ]</STRONG>
                    Turn13...no worries! I totally found that so funny (and you aren't the first and certainly won't be the last!) Talk to you soon!

P.S. Thanks IndyMichael...you are becoming my preverbial white knight!

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff:
                      <STRONG>Thumb's up to the Artemis bunch.

One of the best deliveries of customer service I've ever experienced.

Do some business with these folks!</STRONG>

I will second that Knockoff. I just got, gee, I think it's my third order from Artemis in. A B/W of an old indy photo., 12x18. Gorgeous!!! This is the second B/w I've gotten from them .... the depth and contrast .... I just couldn't be happier.

Do some business with these folks!

Yes .... you'll be very happy.

Comment

ecat,

Will Artemis also be doing the computer wallpapers for the indyracing web site?

The one's they have had in the past have left a lot to be desired!

Comment

Originally posted by indyracer56:
                          <STRONG>ecat,

Will Artemis also be doing the computer wallpapers for the indyracing web site?

The one's they have had in the past have left a lot to be desired!

</STRONG>
                          We work closely with the speedway as a partner. So, yes, we have lots in the works for screensavers and other cool stuff..but as any business owner knows, we have to sell photos (hint hint ) to do all of the "extras". Our main focus (and investment) has to be to protect the archive.

So how can you help to get all of the cool stuff that makes an interactive IRL experience for the race fan?? Buy some photos!!!

I give you my word and my guarantee...you will be amazed at the quality and for $20 bucks, what better way to help preserve 80+ years of racing history for the many generations to come AND get cool screensavers (those will always be free! )

Comment

Hey Joe, which one did you get? I LOVE the black and whites! (got 2 "spins" Jim Clark and Danny Sullivan)

Comment

Here's my favorite photo from the session...

Griz In Indy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X