Panoz - Herta - Indy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoz - Herta - Indy??

Bryan Herta has signed to run ALMS with Panoz. Interesting tidbit from the article:

The deal also includes an opportunity to race in the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans, something Herta has always looked at – but admits he might not be totally prepared for. It may also entail a chance to run in the Indianapolis 500 this season with a yet-to-be announced Panoz program.
    Why go to ALMS, Bryan???
    "For a long time it was tough," Herta told Speedvision.com about making the switch to sports cars. "I’ve spent my whole career in open-wheel cars but it became evident that there were no opportunities in the IRL or in CART and I really wanted to get in a situation where I could run up front."
    Link to the Speedvision article
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Hmmmmmmmmmm, can you say " Mitch Davis?"
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Bryan is going to the ALMS because he is a road racer, pretty simple, although it may be hard to believe around here at times.

Panoz's Indy situation is still unclear....it is possible though.
      Brian W Keske
      bwkdesign.wordpress.com

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
      -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

"Why go to ALMS, Bryan???"

Maybe he's getting paid...

Comment

Originally posted by bkeske:
          <STRONG>Bryan is going to the ALMS because he is a road racer, pretty simple, although it may be hard to believe around here at times.

Panoz's Indy situation is still unclear....it is possible though.</STRONG>
          Hmmmmmm, Panoz owns G-Force.Hmmmmmm,Mitch davis likes G-Forces,Hmmmmmm,Mitch is trying to put something together. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

SENسR MODERATOR......

" Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Herta is a very good road racer. He will do just fine in ALMS.

Comment

Panoz just won the 2002 ALMS Laguna Seca race.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
              "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

What do you think he is getting paid by Panoz?

Comment

A very logical choice for a seat with Treadway Hubbard......

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                    <STRONG>"Why go to ALMS, Bryan???"

Maybe he's getting paid...</STRONG>
                    No offers in CART,No money for the IRL, where else was he going to go? This gives him a chance to do what he does best.
                    SENسR MODERATOR......

Comment

Originally posted by Fueler:
                      <STRONG>A very logical choice for a seat with Treadway Hubbard......</STRONG>
                      I thought about that myself Fueler but they already have Schmidt-Lazzarro,Arie,Ricky and maybe Al so thats how I came up with the Mitch Davis thing seeing as he has always been a favorite of G-Force.
                      SENسR MODERATOR......

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring:
                        <STRONG>I thought about that myself Fueler but they already have Schmidt-Lazzarro,Arie,Ricky and maybe Al so thats how I came up with the Mitch Davis thing seeing as he has always been a favorite of G-Force.</STRONG>
                        I think you are right on dog, last I heard was that Mitch was exploring his options.

IMO if Panoz doesn't have his own team in the IRL this year it may indicate that he won't be building a third generation IRL car. There has already been talk from those connected to G Forse that they don't think the series can support four different chassis. I don't think so either, whoever does build better be spot on from race one. And any team that makes the wrong choice will end up wasting a lot of money, or be stuck with a tough season.

Comment

I think this is just a case of Don Panoz being a great American and stepping up to the plate. He has put Terry Borcheller (another all-American) in the car with him, so the Don puts his money where he makes it. He tested a bunch of Americans because that is what he wanted in the car. But why?

The guy IS an american. An immigrant. He knows enough to see his way of life is good here and he is supporting the American way.
                          Thank you Don.
                          I'm dead now.

Comment

I don't think that Panoz is using his driver selection as an opportunity to wave the flag.

Borcheller was a smart pick because he drove the wheels off the Saleen entry and was the THE reason why they were so competitive with the Corvettes (though a 50-something German team owner might argue otherwise). Herta is **** quick but hasn't had sufficiently good oval results (ironic - isn't it) to win a CART ride.

Can you imagine a driver lineup with Jan Magnussen AND Bryan Herta. If I were Audi and Johnny Herbert I'd be pretty worried....

Comment

The Audi is still the better car, though. But in the short races (2.75 hours) the driver has a bit more influence than in the longer ones.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                              "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X