AJ IV Pic Thread Deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ IV Pic Thread Deleted

It sure is nice to be able to delete an entire thread when it degenerates into anti-Foyt pizzing match.

The pic of the grandson and his Siver Crown car was intended to be a positive contribution to the IRL's forum and for the enjoyment of IRL fans.

I took that pic after talking to the kid about his car and his future in open wheel racing. It really didn't matter a hill of beans to me who his grandfather was or what his grandfather did. I was moved that a 17 year old kid, ANY 17 year old kid full of pizz and vinegar, was pumped and excited about going racing in that Silver Crown car.

So, I thought I'd share a personal pic with IRL fans.

Obviously, a mistake.

So, if anyone wants to b*tch and snipe at Foyt then start your own dammned thread to do it in.

Or park you azzes at SpudNut or 7G.

"You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Partially my fault, KO. Sorry, I did like the pic...
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
      "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Knockoff,

I sure would like to hear more about your visit to Foyt's shop and see some more pictures. There's no bigger Foyt fan around than me.

Whopper

Comment

I think there are a couple more in this thread:

Beechler Car
          "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

I didn't see the photo or the thread but went to Springfield last summer to watch. AJ 4. He had it qualified his first lap and did a rookie mistake in three and put it in the wall. Oh well the kid looks like he's got what it takes.

irlboy

Comment

Wasn't there a problem with the throttle linkage that led to the crash? Seems I remember something about " a crewmember " adjusting it .....
              “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
              I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
              I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

And KO , thanks for the pic. It's a shame that the Foyt haters can't be content with SpudNut and 7G .

Comment

What am I missing here? Isn't Foyt an IRL team owner?
                  Why do we "hate" anyone!!! Foyt is not my favorite, but the man has contributed more to Open Wheel racing than the "great majority" by far. And I'd love to shake his hand and say "Thank You, AJ"!!!
                  BTW, KO, the "pics" were great and right on target. Young Foyt could do a lot worse than follow in AJ's footsteps.

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: cps ]
                  I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . - Antoine de St-Exupéry

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird:
                    <STRONG>zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.</STRONG>
                    Leave it to the moderators to set a sterling example.
                    I'm dead now.

Comment

cps , IMO the thread didn't go downhill because of IRL fans.....

Comment

Hey Knockoff.....post those pics again! I'm an AJ fan, and all I can say is that its only proper to know all we can about AJ IV.....the first 5 time Indy winner should be named FOYT!
                        Third Gen Indy Fan

Comment

KO I liked the photos! I hate how people make a good post into a bad post real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by jandj:
                            <STRONG>cps , IMO the thread didn't go downhill because of IRL fans.....</STRONG>
                            Alas, you're probably right. I followed it for a while and got busy. The next thing I knew KO started this thread and the other one was gone...
                            I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . - Antoine de St-Exupéry

Comment

So......any chance of the Silver Crown pic showing up again?
                              I only got to see it once, briefly. Was hoping to get another look, but instead I see here that the thread has been nuked.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X