Buzz Caulkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz Caulkins

Bottom of the speed charts again. Sure wish he would use that MBA to find sponsors and become a young, successful IRL OWNER.

I pray for bumping this year.

At the very least, I'd like to see someone else hop into the car and run some hard laps, so there was a means of comparison...
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Again, Buzz runs for his father, maybe it is a bonding thing. I am not sure that they would want to continue without Buzz in the seat, surely the day of reckoning must be around the corner, they are running out of places to put the blame. He wasn't at the bottom of the list yesterday, just close to it! The car had the updated sidepods at Fontana, and the team has switched from Comptech to Ilmor power.

Comment

The switch from Comptech to Ilmor had to have been costly, if what we're told is correct, which would indicate that there is some seriousness there. But, the only thing that hasn't been changed is Buzz...did Hearn ever run laps in the car last year?
        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Yes, Buzz and Richie tested together last year. I believe it was at Chicago and their time were basically the same.

Comment

Richie was 2.5 miles per hour faster...in only 4 laps. Close on a passenger car scale, not that close on a motorsports scale.
            "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"

Comment

Buzz's dad is living his dream through Buzz.

I agree, Buzz would probably make a pretty good owner... same with Dr. Jack.

But behind the wheel... no thanks.
              http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Is this any way to treat a former IRL Champ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob:
                  <STRONG>Is this any way to treat a former IRL Champ?</STRONG>
                  Good point.

Hope the bandwidth can withstand another 5000 word litany.

Comment

Is this any way to treat a former IRL Champ?

Yeah Buzz is the IRL champ when the IRL had only 3 races that season.. Plus he was a co-champion with Scott Sharp.. He hasn't done anything since then
                    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Buzz was the 1996 co-champion and everyone knows that he should have been the only champion!!! Sharp didn't have a win, so it should have never been ruled a co-championship. Also someone on the board also fiqured out the championship numbers if the first season would have ended with Vegas '96 and Buzz would have still won the championship.
                      Buzz,Richie and Hornish all tested at Chicagoland on Aug. 15th the speeds,which were posted here,were
                      Hornish 212.9
                      Richie 212.7
                      Buzz 212.5

Yes, they have changed to Ilmor from Comptech. Looks like Comptech lost several customers between the middle of last season and now. Why would that be if there wasn't a problem with horsepower????

Comment

I also forgot to mention that he finished 9th in the point standings last season.

Comment

Team Bradley used to be one of the most polished professional outfits in the IRL, but it has seemed that they have gone down hill on and off the track.

I'm not sure the issue here is the skill of Buzz, but the business operation of the entire organization.

From observations at the tests...the team looked disorganized and unprofessional.

With Penske coming to the IRL, IRL teams need to revist there business plans (or get one) to be able to keep up with a class out fit such as Penske...not only on the track but off, where sponsors place a great deal of importance!

I give credit to Buzz and agree with Buzzfan on his championship, but this is 2002 not 1996 and time are a changing...get with the program or get left behind!

I will always be a fan of Buzz and his team whatever happens...he is always a class guy and good for the league, I hope they can find the formula to be a success!
                          "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe" - Anatole France

Comment

A now rideless Diz was with Buzz during the Florida tests trying to help the team find some speed... he was impressed with their equipment, but not with the teams' leadership.

Comment

Hey Mopar,
                              Are you talking about the engineers? If not who?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X