Was Barron on the track yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Barron on the track yesterday?

I had T&S up yesterday afternoon, and don't remember seeing him. Was he out there?
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Barron was not on the track yesterday.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
      <STRONG>Barron was not on the track yesterday.</STRONG>
      Thanks...
      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

he wasn't out yesterday, I wonder why not.

Comment

Not for lack of manpower.

These guys have more crew members than Penske!!
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

lack of driver perhaps

ive yet to be impressed my Mr Barron.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
              <STRONG>lack of driver perhaps

ive yet to be impressed my Mr Barron.</STRONG>
              170 so far, in 59 laps.

Comment

Based on what???
                Center Grove Trojans
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

you're saying they didn't turn any laps yesterday because of the driver? that's interesting...

how about let's give the guy a chance before we jump to any conclusions?

Comment

'writer, I wasn't impressed with what I saw from that team at Fontana, the car was reported to be new, but you couldn't prove that by me. The engine was supposed to be from McLaren, but it was an '01 Aurora. The body work didn't look new or very well done in the area of the removable air exit plates in the sidepods, in short, not a very sanitary effort, IMO! Worst of all, with all the time to get ready, that team was far from ready when they arrived, there were others that were in worse shape, but not many!

Comment

I was hoping alex might finally get a shot with a competitive team, but that doesn't seem to be the case here...

:mad:

Comment

Given the cost difference from CART to the IRL, I'd have looked for Blair to be better prepared. And, not to cast a stone, but wasn't McLaren Engines' last big project the Cadillac Le Mans effort?

Comment

the pity of it for alex is, too many stints with backmarker-type operations is career suicide... he's still a young guy but you only get so many chances.

what he's ended up with since winning the '97 atlantics championship as a rookie amounts to more of a tease than a real chance, IMO.

oh well, it's better to be driving something than nothing I guess.

Comment

McLaren enignes were not ready because the parts were not available yet.

They ran 2001 spec Speedway engines in a pinch and blew one up at the end of the Fontana testing.

The car is band new.

www.tracksidelive.net
                            Dan Schlosser
                            Go fast, turn left !
                            www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                            Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

The team may not have had the time to do a proper fit and finish on the car before the test. Getting an engine that you didn't expect would have caused troubles as well. When you look at the engines you can tell the differences.
                              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X