Alex crash-prone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex crash-prone

I'm sure several of you have surmised that I'm a huge Alex Barron and today's result just made me sick. After finishing 14 of 15 races last year and suffering only one crash that was clearly a mechanical failure (a practice crash at Indy) Alex has suddenly begun to blot his copybook.

First, there was the late-race wreck at Motegi while running seventh. Damage was slight but he probably would've had a podium had he kept it clean. You may also recall he had a coming together with Scott Dixon in that race and had to pit to replace his nose section.

Then there was the Michigan 400. Sure he won, but he had a lucky escape after making contact with Scheckter.

Then he did heavy damage to one of the team's few remaining GForce chassis at a test at Gaetway that ultimately caused Takagi to have to race the Dallara.

Then today. Before he put it into the wall he had a minor scrape with AJ4 (who hasn't?) and ultimately squandered 30+ points.

That's a total of six contacts. I hope he doesn't compromise his chance to get a top line ride. Without the two wrecks and the two mechanical failures that took him out of Gateway and Kentucky, Barron SHOULD have about 120 points more than he does.

Motegi may have been something on the track. Tomas lost it in the same area (on the same lap).

The Michigan run-in was interesting. Had Tomas not saved it, I am sure Alex would have become a TF villian.

Supposedly, the car bottomed before he lost it this weekend. I am wondering if that suspension piece that brought out the caution earlier was his (maybe loosened by his contact with AJ IV?).
    One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

I heard that he was very loose and that means it probably just snapped around on him.

Comment

I think that was the same area of the track where Sam started wiggling towards the end of the race (before Alex crashed).
        One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Of course, he ran a full season last year and did very well. I think it's a bit early to label him "crash prone". He might have been pushing a little too hard for a good finish yesterday because he considered it an "audition" for rides for next year. Kinda like a preseason game in the NFL for players "on the bubble".

Give Alex a secure, full season ride and he'll be just fine.
          "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan
            Of course, he ran a full season last year and did very well. I think it's a bit early to label him "crash prone". He might have been pushing a little too hard for a good finish yesterday because he considered it an "audition" for rides for next year. Kinda like a preseason game in the NFL for players "on the bubble".

Give Alex a secure, full season ride and he'll be just fine.

...I totally agree.
            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡