Scheckter's a Spector; Keep eyes on DeVries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheckter's a Spector; Keep eyes on DeVries

Tomas is doing well again and devries is above 170. This is not roller rink; it is a demanding track.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: Grinder-Tank ]
    Get your head out of your past!!!

Shekky is a stud.

I'm also impressed with DeVries, but Shekky looks ready to win right now.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Scheckter's getting the most out of his car, I would say...

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Truth Detector:

"Shekky is a stud."

Then why was he in so much trouble in England? Sorry, i couldn't resist. It's kind of like Pee Wee Herman and Monica jokes.

And I don't have a problem with the guy. He got bounced out of his Jag drive for doing not much worse than our last president got away with for eight years. So I like to make jokes about the guy, but he has proven (especially now) that he can run up front. There has been some speculation that he might not do so well with other cars around him, but he was an ace in the Eurpoean junior formulas where they really lean on each other. He might get a little spooked at first, but he will learn really fast. He learned the cars and tracks fast enough.

But in the car? I would have to say he is a stud.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: Dr. Austin ]
        I'm dead now.

Comment

Anybody thinking he will get spooked in traffic hasn't seen him drive. He is smooth, cool, and fast. That's a rare combination.

I've watched him put some pretty veteran-like moves on Team Penske and Sam Hornish.

I'm trying to reel in my enthusiasm about this kid but it is difficult.

He's good.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Nice to see that there are others will to give De Vries a chance. I admit, he might fall on his face when the green drops, but so far he's done OK. (We also don't know kind of setup and horsepower he's getting right now.)

Like I've been saying since the De Vries announcement, Formula Holden is not go-karts.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
            "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
              <STRONG>Anybody thinking he will get spooked in traffic hasn't seen him drive. He is smooth, cool, and fast. That's a rare combination.
              </STRONG>
              Smooth? And he's Jody Shecketer's kid? How is that possible?

Comment

Where are you getting these results...

Comment

I'm not getting too excited about Scheckter because he's only a phone call away from "beepbeepziptang!" off to F1. Even a test contract would lure him I think.

No knock on his talent, I love to see fast kids like this in the IRL, but I just don't want to get too attached to a guy who's heart is overseas.

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: Racemind ]

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                  "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

I would be excited about an obvious talent like Schecter if I thought there was any chance that he'd stay.Put me down as another who believes that he will wind up in Bernie's playground in short order.
                    Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Let's enjoy Tomas while we have him and worry about the rest later. We only had Juan Pablo in the US for a short time, before we found a way to overlook where he came from and enjoy his ability and daring, he was gone! Let's not make that mistake again!

Comment

DeVries was running 7-8 mph off the pace at both Fontana and Phoenix. Down in Billy Roe
                        land....not good.
                        "The guys on the IRL side went beyond fair. It would have been easy for either side to back out, but this time they wouldn't take 'no' for an answer."..... Jimmy Vasser on the merger.

Comment

And you have to love Scheckter, not only was he very fast straight off the truck, he seems to have a good personality. And wearing an NYPD hat was a nice touch, too.
                          "The guys on the IRL side went beyond fair. It would have been easy for either side to back out, but this time they wouldn't take 'no' for an answer."..... Jimmy Vasser on the merger.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X