Who gets the Panther ride(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gets the Panther ride(s)?

Ok let the specualtion begin wh ends up in the #4 next year. Taylor is an obvious canidate but who else ?

Is it May yet ?

When they were looking to replace Goodyear, they also tested Barron and Boat...and they still have an upcoming test with Tomas Enge.

Comment

Bring Goodyear back, put Page up with Dog as his spotter and upgrade the booth talent next year

Comment

Steele and Carpenter will also get a test. I could see either in the 2nd Panther car next year. Don't know if they would put a rookie in the #4.

Barron will likely get a long look, but there could be a bidding war for him (I could see Rahal going after him). I am not sure how high they are on Taylor. He is winning races in the IPS, but I think just about any competent race driver they put in that car would probably dominate that series. I could see Taylor taking his Fulmar money to CART next year (if there is a CART).

They have been very high on Boat and Dare in the past.

I don't think Renna is going to be available. He will either be in a 3rd Kelley car or he will be in the #8 next year. I think there is pretty good chance that Sharp will be gone from Kelley next year. I think Buddy and Jaques will both be available, but I don't see them as being candidates with Panther.
        IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Unions,

It seems they have flirted with Boat a lot but never got the deal done but he didn't exactly set the world on fire in May with them. However I am sure the motor didn't help.

Barron seems like a comparable cool, calm customer to Hornish, but i have to wonder if they go out and take a shot at someone again and hope to hit it big again.

I hope it isn't Enge, i would rather Taylor if they go the non-american route, at least he has a history with the team.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

I think Buddy Rice would be a very good candidate.
            http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Barnes said at Phoenix he does not want Taylor in the big cars next year as he does not want him to do what IV is doing who also had about one year in IPS. Taylor has been running up front like IV and I would say another year too and then move up.

Comment

I think Taylor would be OK if he had a veteran teammate.

Anthony also might be OK with a real team and a veteran teammate.
                http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Barron and Steele would make an awfully good two car team....

Professor Joe
                  Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Jimmy Kite would be an excellent choice. Conisidering the equipment he's been in, he's the fastest guy around when given a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Joe
                      Barron and Steele would make an awfully good two car team....

No question about it. It could happen too.
                      IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Originally posted by theunions
                        When they were looking to replace Goodyear, they also tested Barron and Boat...and they still have an upcoming test with Tomas Enge.
                        Was Barron the third driver? I never could remember. I thought that, once upon a time, someone else here said it was Hearn?
                        One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

I think this ride could be very interesting. Panther could go to the IPS looking for a ride but there is also so many talented drivers who are currently without a ride such as J. Lazier, Hearn, Ward, etc. But at the same time, there are many drivers rumored not to be returning next year to their current teams such as Unser Jr., Sharp, B. Lazier, and maybe more. Whoever gets this seat would go to the front.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStang
                            Was Barron the third driver?
                            Affirmative. This was a few months after he first sat in Calkins' backup car with nowhere to go during the last ten minutes of Bubble Day at Indy.

Comment

Supposedly, 10 of the 21 current drivers in the IRL have inquired about the Panther seat, should it open up.
                              One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X