Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Penske rumor is true??

If Sammy goes to Penske South..........

For selfish reasons, I'm furious with R.P.

I guess he does what's best for R.P. and only R.P. ( I've heard that so many times! - NOW I BELIEVE IT!)

Here the IRL, Tony and others, are trying to build a fanbase and a quality series that gains in popularity. And R.P. goes and hires the most sucessful driver and takes him to the tin tops. What gives?? Couldn't R.P. have found someone else to hire? We all know Sammy is one heck of a driver but couldn't have RP found someone else to fill this role I would imagine TG and RP are having some words over this one. Is R.P. just trying to remove one of his stiffest competitors? Is RP gaining a great talent? Is RP stealing the IRL biggest draw? YES TO ALL THE ABOVE.

I'm still in disbelief........

Very hard for this long time IRL fan to accept.
    Last edited by Gman; 08-19-2003, 06:43 PM.
    "Lad(y)ies and Gentlemen Start your engines"

Gman - I see your point, however, Sam surely had a say in where his racing future is headed. If true, RP is only giving him the avenue to pursue Cup and IndyCar.

Comment

Look at it this way.
      Rusty is getting pretty rusty.
      The Captain will usher Toyota into Nas NexCup in 06 with Sammy and Ryan, pretty much the "All American" duo and two major stud wheelmen.

Roger pretty much gets whatever he wants / needs.
      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

I do realize ultimately it was Sam's decision..

I would really like to know how many nascar rides other the Penske Sam has been offered? I would imagine not very many contracts set in front of him....

Sure he had discussions with plenty of them, but formal offers....Heck what do i know! lol

This one is much harder than Stewart... IRL fans watched Hornish mature in IndyCars. I was at Ky in 2000 when he was driving for PDM. I didn't even know who Sam Hornish was... I just watched this kid in white unsponsored car rip through the field until his engine blew.

I'm in meltdown right now........ But I'll recover!
        "Lad(y)ies and Gentlemen Start your engines"

Comment

Originally posted by Gman
          This one is much harder than Stewart... IRL fans watched Hornish mature in IndyCars. I was at Ky in 2000 when he was driving for PDM. I didn't even know who Sam Hornish was... I just watched this kid in white unsponsored car rip through the field until his engine blew.
          I was watching him, too... I knew he was one of the drivers in the field that Panther would be testing. I wanted to see who'd have the big yellow car the next season.
          One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X