The new Chevy poster boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Chevy poster boy

With Sammy gone to NASCAR, does Buddy Rice become the new Chevy poster boy?

Maybe Sarah becomes the poster person?
    You can't chase the American Dream in a hard-top!

Chevy already has two poster boys: Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

How about Dick !
      I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

For young demographics, Buddy Rice is as close as you are going to get. people with foriegn accents won't be able to pull off selling Chevys. Don't take that the wrong way. Thomas or Dan could sell Imports no problem. But when it comes to baseball, hot dogs, apple pie & Chevrolet, the crowd that drinks ale & eats fish and chips won't cut it.
        Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch
          Chevy already has two poster boys: Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
          Don't forget Jimmie Johnson........
          Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
            Don't forget Jimmie Johnson........
            Jimmie Johnson?

He hasn't won titles nor does he have a famous last name.

He can't be mentioned in the same breath as Gordon/Earnhardt.
            http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

NO....

Hate to be blunt but...So-so personality and unattractive to boot......Can't imagine too many people wanting to rush out and by a chevy because Buddy Rice was driving one.

Just think of Chevy's line up of drivers in another series...

J Gordon
              J Johnson
              B Labonte
              T Labonte
              T Stewart
              Harvick
              Earnhardt Jr
              R Gordon
              S Park
              M Waltrip

Chevy has a pretty good crew of poster boys right there...Most of them have looks AND personalities....One would think it would be someone of that type that they might want to promote.

Comment

Re: NO....

Originally posted by chrisg
                [B]Hate to be blunt but...So-so personality and unattractive to boot......Can't imagine too many people wanting to rush out and by a chevy because Buddy Rice was driving one.

B]
                Remember Apollo Ohno from the winter Olympics? Sponosors were smitted by his style and rebelious looks - not unlike Buddy's. I'd say if Buddy has the ability to turn a few heads behind the wheel, he'd have a very good chance of catching on.

"My and your" demographics may not match Rice, but Checy may not particularly be trying to reach us anyway. I was recently excited tha Led Zeppelin songs are being used in Cadillac commercials...uintil I realized that I am now part of that demographic!! I'm not that old!!!

Comment

Remember Apollo Ohno
                  Never heard of him...What exactly is he pitching?

I looked up his image on google. He, at least, was presentable, hard to tell about the personality part.

As for the demo's...I imagine Chevy will find someone hip and attractive with a personality.......

Comment

What? With that goofy look of his, and that backwards hat? You gotta be kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
                      What? With that goofy look of his, and that backwards hat? You gotta be kidding!
                      you mean the X-Games appeal? The same X-games that is packing stadiums?

Comment

I think we have been over this before. The American auto manufacturers have to do something to keep young people buying their products. Most have turned to the Japanese manufacturers where they can create a "kickin' ricer". I would never buy one, but many of my friends have. Chevy should get a Gen Xer to throw their money at.
                        The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by autoracingfan2
                          I think we have been over this before. The American auto manufacturers have to do something to keep young people buying their products. Most have turned to the Japanese manufacturers where they can create a "kickin' ricer". I would never buy one, but many of my friends have. Chevy should get a Gen Xer to throw their money at.
                          Don't feel pity for Chevy,when they stop making the Camaro(though rumored to return.....yeah right),they gave up on Gen X.

I am sure Ford will send them a Christmas card next year,when the new generation Mustang debuts.

Comment

Hey, didn't you figure it out ! On the same day all the Hornish stuff hits the news another annoucement came out. Billy Roe joining IPS.

Comment

Buddy Rice is the right age, can appeal to the goofy 'X-Game' concrete playground crowd, wears his hat bass ackwards, has zits occasionally, has that patchy facial hair, and can actually speak fluent English un-tinged with Portuguese or Southern.

He seems like the no-brainer choice to me.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X